cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrkay
Registered since

Apr 12, 2007

L1 model 2 with 2 B1s

Quick update, I'm using 2 x L1 model 2 systems with 2 x B1's. Pioneer djm800 mixer and a shure sm58 wireless mic. My T1 is set for DJ recorded music. The audio sounds AMAZING, however, when I talk on the mic and I project (as normal on the mic) it is distorting through the sound system. It's never done this before. I did changed the batteries in the mic. Any suggestions? Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Dance Host
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

Re: L1 model 2 with 2 B1s

I read it is done, but the double mixer setup blows my mind.
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Mr. Kay,

On the T1® - are you seeing any red lights? If so, please turn down the trim for the channel that has the red light.

quote:
Originally posted by MR KAY:
Quick update, I'm using 2 x L1 model 2 systems with 2 x B1's. Pioneer djm800 mixer and a shure sm58 wireless mic. My T1 is set for DJ recorded music. The audio sounds AMAZING, however, when I talk on the mic and I project (as normal on the mic) it is distorting through the sound system. It's never done this before. I did changed the batteries in the mic. Any suggestions? Thanks

Did that help?
mrkay
Registered since

Apr 12, 2007

No clip lights, that was the first thing I checked. The distortion happened while connected to my djm800. It's never ever done this before. When I put the mic thru one of the T1s everything sounded good. The music sounded amazing all the way thru the party. Btw I tried playing with just my djm800 mixer connected directly to the l1's and they don't sound half as good as when connected thru the T1's. (that's my preference). Not sure about the mic input on the mixer. Unfortunately my mic has to go thru my DJ mixer with my lapto and players. Thanks for your replie and help
mrkay
Registered since

Apr 12, 2007

Just another note...the trims on the T1 are at zero and level is at 12 o'clock. I still have tonz of headroom