cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Notice
Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community!

This is a community for Live Musicians, DJs & KJs, Entertainers of all kinds, and Sound Engineers to discuss Bose Professional S1, L1, F1, and Tonematch systems.

The Bose Community for Bose speakers, headphones, audio sunglasses and more is no longer available. If you need assistance with other Bose products, such as the Quiet Comfort Earbuds, Soundbar 900, QuietComfort 45, etc., please visit our support site. Please note that threads created for non-Bose Professional products will be removed.

Thanks for your understanding!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oldmachead
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 29, 2010

L1 x 2 (with a twist) + B2

At a funeral in a church the other day, I noticed that the sound was very clear, well dispersed and none of the folks at the mics had to raise their voices. I couldn't see speaker systems in the places you'd normally see them (suspended from side walls or ceiling).

Eventually I spotted the system ... two L1 towers and a B2. And they carried the sound perfectly (as I would expect them to!). The B2 was placed on the side of the raised 'stage' (for want of a better word) but the L1 towers were bolted to the walls. I could see a clamp holding the two arrays together and the wallmounts were most likely fitted into the channel behind the towers. The towers were mounted on wooden wall panels so they were really discreet - difficult to spot.

Since the towers were not placed in powerstands (they were raised off the floor - I'd say about 8" from the floor), I tried to figure out how they were connected. All I could see was some wires rising off the floor and attached to the bottom of the towers.

My guess is that they've got some sort of adapter to plug into the bottom of the L1 array towers and both power and signals flow through that adapter.

Very interesting setup. Elegant and understated. And the sound was excellent. Would have loved to get photos to show you what I mean, but it was not appropriate at the time.

5 REPLIES 5
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: L1 x 2 (with a twist) + B2

Hi Troubador,

You may have seen the

Bose Panaray MA12EX Modular Line Array

and

Bose MB210 Compact Subwoofer

These are for engineered, installed systems available through Bose Professional dealers.

ST

CityFolk
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

@ST what amplifier/power base would these connect into? I think I’ve seen similar setup at a church as well. Of course the sound was fantastic. I assume it is a similar design as the L1 array. Interesting. 

oldmachead
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 29, 2010

ST posted:

Hi Troubador,

You may have seen the

Bose Panaray MA12EX Modular Line Array

and

Bose MB210 Compact Subwoofer

These are for engineered, installed systems available through Bose Professional dealers.

ST

You're probably right @ST - you know this stuff better than anyone else here.

It was certainly a B2, not the subwoofer linked above. And I did clearly see what looked like clamps to hold two of the towers together ... so maybe they had two of the Panaray columns stacked. The wiring that ran into the bottom of the array did look a bit messy from where I was seated ... it looked (and I was somewhat surprised by this) like a jerry-rigged connection.

Anyway ... it was interesting to see this and it certainly sounded really good.

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi CityFolk,

Bose Professional has amplifiers and signal processing for engineered sound installations.

Bose Professional Amplifiers

Bose Professional Signal Processing

These are available from Bose Professional Dealers.

ST

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hey Troubador,

It wouldn't be the first time SNM (someone not me)  has cobbled something together (not quite as intended), that worked well anyway (well actually it was me). 

ST