Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mumblin_Blues
Registered since

Apr 6, 2020

L1M2/T8S Bracket & Cable Included???

I just purchased an L1 Model 2 with B2 and T8S

A bracket to mount the T8S to the loudspeaker was not included?
Please tell me this bracket exists and should have been included.
I would even accept, but not understand at this price point, if it's not included but available for purchase.

A Cable (Cat5/6 with Metal Casing) to connect the T8S to the Power Stand was not included?
If a Tone Match Cable from the T8S to the Power Stand isn't included can I buy one and use it instead of a TRS?
Does the Tone Match Port on the Power Stand provide Power and Audio Connectivity to the Tone Match Port on the T8S?

I can connect the T8S to the Power Stand with a TRS Cable, but then what is the Tone Match Port for on the Power Stand?

Separate Question:
Can I run XLRs from the T8S Main Out to Powered Speakers (QSC K10.2) In Addition To the TRS from the T8S 1/4" Mono Out to the Power Stand?

I would truly enjoy a 15 phone conversation with someone who knows this system inside and out.   With Covid-19 no one at Bose is answering the phones and the music store that I ordered the system from is pretty much useless. "I know nuthing….. I see nuthing" <german accent, Hogan's Heros>

1 REPLY 1
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: L1M2/T8S Bracket & Cable Included???

Hi, Mumblin Blues.

Thank you for joining the Bose Portable PA Community.

Mumblin Blues posted:

I just purchased an L1 Model 2 with B2 and T8S

Congratulations!

A bracket to mount the T8S to the loudspeaker was not included?

You're correct. There is no bracket to mount the T8S to the L1 Cylindrical radiator (the tower).

Please tell me this bracket exists and should have been included.
I would even accept, but not understand at this price point, if it's not included but available for purchase.

No bracket exists. It would not be feasible given the size and weight of the T8S.  The T8S and T4S have a 1/4" mounting hole. Please see this article for ideas. T4S & T8S Mixers - 1/4 inch (6mm) Mounting Screw (Mounting Options)

A Cable (Cat5/6 with Metal Casing) to connect the T8S to the Power Stand was not included?
If a Tone Match Cable from the T8S to the Power Stand isn't included can I buy one and use it instead of a TRS?

Using a ToneMatch cable from the T8S to the Power Stand is not supported (it doesn't work). Please see the note below "T8S no ToneMatch port connection to L1".

Does the Tone Match Port on the Power Stand provide Power and Audio Connectivity to the Tone Match Port on the T8S?

The ToneMatch port on the power stand doesn't provide sufficient power to run the T8S. Please see the note below "T8S no ToneMatch port connection to L1".

I can connect the T8S to the Power Stand with a TRS Cable, but then what is the Tone Match Port for on the Power Stand?

This was for the T1 (predecessor to the T4S and T8S). It can also be used with the T4S but does not work with the T8S.

T8S no ToneMatch port connection to L1®

Bose engineered all the ToneMatch mixers (T1®, T4S, T8S) to offer the same excellent quality audio, whether you use the ToneMatch cable (T1® or T4S) or a balanced cable (T8S) for audio.

If you are using good quality balanced cables, there should be no difference between using any combination of XLR and 1/4 inch Tip-Ring-Sleeve connections.

The benefit of using the Cat-5 cable for the T1® or T4S is convenience because you don't need to use the T1®/T8S power supply. Unfortunately, the Model II Power Stand can not supply enough power to operate a T8S. This is why a ToneMatch Power Supply is included with the T8S.

Source: T8S ToneMatch Mixer

Separate Question:
Can I run XLRs from the T8S Main Out to Powered Speakers (QSC K10.2) In Addition To the TRS from the T8S 1/4" Mono Out to the Power Stand?

Yes. The signals from the XLR outputs are identical to the 1/4" outputs.  Since you are using a single L1 Model II, please see these notes

T8S Mono

I would truly enjoy a 15 phone conversation with someone who knows this system inside and out.   With Covid-19 no one at Bose is answering the phones and the music store that I ordered the system from is pretty much useless. "I know nuthing….. I see nuthing" <german accent, Hogan's Heros>

I'm sorry you are having trouble getting phone support. 

Please see this article for information that goes beyond the T8S Owners Guide

T8S ToneMatch Mixer

and make sure you have the latest firmware for your T8S.

T8S Firmware Updates

Please feel free to ask your questions here and the public forum where you can get responses from other Bose owners (a rich source of practical experience).

Bose T4S & T8S ToneMatch® Mixers

ST

Bose and COVID-19