Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdpuentejr@aol.com
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 28, 2018

Re: LI MII Died last night!!

I'm with Col.Andy on this.I posted a while back about Bose having digital processing to make all the magic happen with onboard computers.Before Bose L1,I used a Fostex digital mixer that had scene recall,digital processing,multi-effects....
It was a very clean sounding mixer,but lost it's sound quality going into an analog amp and speaker system.The fostex mixer failed me twice in the three years I used it.I still own it.It's in my music closet.I have had a T1, and Classic L1 fail me in the near past as well.
I still choose to use Bose equiptment inspite of these failures.I've had laptops fail on me,but have always replaced them immediately.Bose is the same priority with me.I will never change back to the old lifeless sound.I just believe that Bose L1/T1 is computer assisted and is prone to typical PC failures,sensitivities,etc.IMHO.
Dance Host
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

Hi J.D.,

BOSE has great sales and repair service. I am glad to see Col. Andy offers that problems can happen. Feel this is progress. Different from the people who say they have never had a problem or those who say there are no problems.

Must be a highly technical equipment complement. When it works it is very good and less weight to lug around.

Hope a dialogue is developed to help us understand what was wrong rather than "Just send it back."

Would be nice to have a specific explanation as to what was wrong with a faulty piece after it is repaired.
theleo
Registered since

Sep 8, 2007

Hi folks, this is a follow up to my follow up.

It's been 6 gigs since everything went haywire with nary a non-working moment. I'll probably keep the backup in the van for a while yet. It's a big 'ol keyboard amp with an external speaker and honestly, I've never used it on stage but I know it'll make enough noise to get me through night.

Because of the nature of my failure and what I did to resolve it. I'm convinced it was the internal plug in the bottom speaker. I have tried to re-live in my mind the moment I pulled the bottom cap from the speaker and saw half a plug. I think it WAS plugged, just not fully.

Well there you have it. Last night I did a wedding related after party 30m off the ocean in a concrete court yard with about 100 present and had to play extra loud... it was a perfect hot summers night for "Bose on the Beach" !

Now, did I mention channel three on my T1 has to warm up to get full volume?...

to be cont. --Leo