cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guyfork
Registered since

Dec 18, 2007

Lack Of Sennheiser Presets

Hi There! I have the L1 ModelII along with Tonematch, which sounds fab however, the lack of sennheiser preset for my Evolution ew 165 G2 Wireless Handheld microphone is proving a struggle.

I've tweaked and tweaked but it's still not sounding right on the higher frequencies. I spoke with sennheiser UK earlier after nearly two months of trying and to my supprise they had no idea of the Bose system in question.

Is there any chance you could:
A) Enlighten them
B) Arrange some presets for their range of mics
(The Top ones obviously)
C) Create an update patch accordingly.

I would like to feel i'm getting the best vocally aswell as musically...
Thanks a Bunch!
Guyfork
9 REPLIES 9
colcliff-at-bos
Registered since

Oct 16, 2003

Re: Lack Of Sennheiser Presets

Howdy Guyfork

Please ignore an earlier reply to this post. Let me look and see what we have here. I think we have a Senn Evo something-or-other.

Could you explain to me what you don't like in the sound you are getting? Not getting enought high end? Have you tried the parametric EQ on the mic?
WSchaeu
Participant
Registered since

Mar 3, 2005

quote:
Originally posted by Cliff-at-Bose:
... I think we have a Senn Evo something-or-other. ...

Hi Cliff,

yes we have the Sennheiser e855 (from the Evolution 800 series), and the Sennheiser MD431-II.
But the e855 is discontinued and no longer available (in europe).

But there's a comprehensive Evo 800 series (e 815 S, e 825 S, e 835, e 840, e 845,e 855, e 865) and the sort of Pro or high end Evo 900 series (e 901, e 902, e 904, e 905, e 906, e 908 D, e 908 B, e 914, e 935,e 945) and the professional K6-serie and the wireless evolution series, each of them with it's more or less different characteristics.

Some of them are very popular (e.g. the e945 or e835 or the K6), at least in europe.

Certainly everybody could go through the numerous vocal presets available and decide by ears which one would fit best for a given mic of the list above.

But if there exists already a lot of presets for some other mic manufacturers (5x SHURE, 5x Audix + some new ones, 3x ElectroVoice), there is coming up some desire for having some more Sennheiser presets. Maybe there are a few groups which have the same (or very similar) characteristics, but knowing about this would help us "users" a lot.

Like written in another thread the voicing (with the resulting presets/tone match) of a specific sound source is a really difficult process AND is one of the really greatest features (imho) of the L1 resp. the T1 ToneMatch Module.

An owner of an Sennheiser mic (other than the two available) has to got though an try and error process, and could not rely on the deep know how of the Bose engineers, because there's no adequate (at least not by name) preset resp. tone match available.

Wolfgang
colcliff-at-bos
Registered since

Oct 16, 2003

Wolfgang

OF course, you're right. We have to do The Real Thing for the Sennheiser mics. While I could do these myself (as I did the current "stock" TM presets), I would like the company to participate in this. This will take a little time (coordination) but will be worth the wait. Don't touch that dial. Thanks for writing in.
aitch1
Registered since

Dec 18, 2006

Amen to that! I'm another Sennheiser user. EW300 over here. while we're kicking up a little dust how about some mac support. I know it's been promised but I just bought the T! and I have an itchy mouse finger!!
mikez-at-bose
Registered since

Mar 2, 2006

quote:
Originally posted by Aitch:
Amen to that! I'm another Sennheiser user. EW300 over here. while we're kicking up a little dust how about some mac support. I know it's been promised but I just bought the T! and I have an itchy mouse finger!!

Aitch, You won't need to wait much longer. Stay tuned.

Mike
bernie2
Registered since

May 22, 2005

Sure glad to hear it's in the works. I have a Sennheiser Evo wireless and would also like some guidance.
Bernie
T1 L1
Trekjock
Registered since

May 6, 2008

Hi there,

I noticed these posts were placed a quite a few months ago now, has anything been sorted yet? I own a Sennheiser evolution EW165 G2, and i won't mind asetting that covers it!
L1 mkII
T1
Starvin
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 13, 2006

Hey Cliff
I just noticed this post and I'm hoping that if you do the Sennheiser presets would it be possible to include the 421 close micked for the toms on drums?
Rick
balianrex
Registered since

May 28, 2008

Hi Cliff,

I have a SENNHEISER EW100G2 WIRELESS MIC, is there a preset for it. I have recently purchased an L1 MODEL II with Tonematch.

Regards,

BR

quote:
Originally posted by Col. Cliff-at-Bose:
Wolfgang

OF course, you're right. We have to do The Real Thing for the Sennheiser mics. While I could do these myself (as I did the current "stock" TM presets), I would like the company to participate in this. This will take a little time (coordination) but will be worth the wait. Don't touch that dial. Thanks for writing in.