Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 13, 2019

Linking T8s to an analogue mixer

I’m a travelling tribute artiste and have a number of gigs at holiday parks this summer. Some of these parks have their own FoH and ideally I’d plug the T8s straight in to this. As this is not always possible, is there a way of going out from the T8s in to whichever mixer they are using (usually analogue). I bring my own monitoring and like to at least have control over my own aux out from the stage, even if I can’t do much about the FoH. TIA

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Linking T8s to an analogue mixer

Well Hello, Dolly;

Good morning. 

Dolly posted:

I’m a travelling tribute artiste and have a number of gigs at holiday parks this summer. Some of these parks have their own FoH and ideally I’d plug the T8s straight in to this. As this is not always possible, is there a way of going out from the T8s in to whichever mixer they are using (usually analogue).

Yes. The T8S has two pairs of analogue outputs:

• XLR
  • 1/4 inch (6.3 mm) Tip-Ring-Sleeve 

You can use both of these at the same time. The signals coming from each pair are identical. 

I bring my own monitoring and like to at least have control over my own aux out from the stage, even if I can’t do much about the FoH. TIA

If you want, you can set up an Aux mix (or 4 of them) as well. Here are some notes about that.

T8S Aux Outputs

[local image not available]

Please click the picture for more details.

Does that help?
ST 

Highlighted
Registered since

Sep 13, 2018

ST posted:

Well Hello, Dolly;

Heheheh, I see what you did there

Jeff

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 13, 2019

Hey y’all ??????

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 13, 2019

Kinda. I understand how the mixer and aux settings work if connected to a different FoH setup. I guess what I’m trying to figure out is how to link the T8s to the existing in house mixer and use it only for my monitor mix. I’m not a techie and perhaps I worded my original query badly. 

This is might be better:

Is there a way of linking my T8s to another mixer to have full control of my monitor mix via the T8s?

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Dolly,

The instructions are the same as I described above. Get things set up the way you want - connecting your T8S to whatever you are using for your monitors. Then

• You can send exactly the same signal to the FOH system using the second pair of main outputs 

OR
  • You can send a different mix using the Aux output for the FOH system.  If you want the Aux output levels to be independent of changes you make to the monitor mix, set the Aux Tap Point to PRE on each channel.

Here are some notes about that.

T8S Aux Outputs

[local image not available]

Please click the picture for more details.

ST