cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnNell
Registered since

Jun 19, 2006

Live Music: T1 Channel Usage

I have a need to 'split' out one of the channels in my T1 Tonematch Engine to be routed to another L1 Model II system, to which the T1 is not connected. Does that make sense to anyone?

Let me try to explain further. I'm using two T1 Tonematch Engines, one each attached to two L1 Model II systems. And, I want to take just one channel from a T1 and have it amplified by the opposite L1 Model II system of which it is connect, via the Line input of the L1 Model II Powerstand. I don't want any signal, from just this one channel on the T1, to be heard on the L1 Model II system to which the T1 is connected directly via the Tonematch port.

How do I accomplish this? Let me apologize now, I should be able to figure this out with my experience with the systems, but I don't think I've ever had the need to do this before. And now, it has me wondering if I can...

Any help will be appreciated. The gig is tonight. Thanks in advance for any advice/assistance!
4 REPLIES 4
JohnNell
Registered since

Jun 19, 2006

Re: Live Music: T1 Channel Usage

I think I may have found my answer in the Wiki... Aux to a Separate System

I'm giving this a try, as soon as I can...before the gig, tonight!

The Wiki and this forum are just GREAT!
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi John,

Been out most of the day. Glad you found that. Hope it does what you need.

ST
theleo
Registered since

Sep 8, 2007

Hi John, I din't read the Wiki but wanted to respond to tell you how I have been doing that. I use channel two for my guitar and sometime just want a change, so I run from the channel two preamp 1/4" out and into a small guitar amp. That level as you know is controlled by the trim.
Sometimes I'll turn that channel's volume all the way off which gives me 100% into the guitar amp via the trim. I just stumbled on to this and it works like a charm.

Sometimes I'll even run a bit of vocal into the amp just to change things up a bit.

Leo
JohnNell
Registered since

Jun 19, 2006

HI Leo & ST -

Well, when I tried this at home before the gig, it worked as I wanted. When we got to the gig, it didn't matter because they had us in a small, cave-like stage area and we didn't have much room to set up. The L1 Model II systems were within 6 ft. of each other about 4-5 ft behind us. So, I just ran everything like we normally do, (with a lot less bass EQ because of the cave-like setting) and we got through the night. I was previously thinking we'd have a much wider stage area, thus the need to route one of our vocals to the opposite side of the stage with the vocalist.

The technique does work, as documented in the Wiki.

I understand your need to 'change things up a bit', Leo! ST - thanks for everything you do here, and in the Wiki!

John