Highlighted
Registered since

Jun 19, 2019

Live Room Setup on F1’s

Hi. I have a 600 sq ft live room for my band. We rehearse and record in there. I was wondering. Would we be able to pull it off by just running all the instruments through 2 F1 Model 812 + 2 F1 Power Subs with just preamps / pedals and get rid of the combo amps? We use 2 guitars, 1 bass, and digital piano + vocals. Drums are player acoustically

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Live Room Setup on F1’s

Hi, luismarroquin,

Two F1 Stacks (F1 Model 812 with F1 Subwoofer) will fill a 600 square foot room (and much larger). However, you will need a mixer to run all the instruments and vocals through to the F1s.

You mentioned four inputs plus vocals. How many vocals?

Please tell us about your live shows. Where do you perform and what kind of music are you playing?

ST 

Highlighted
Registered since

Apr 27, 2019

I would suggest you try playing your guitars through the PA and make sure you are happy and content with the sound. Personally I feel that a guitar combo is a very important part of the instrument that's plugged into it and that combination its what creates it's almost unique individual sound. Changing a guitars combo will change its character, it's 'voice' maybe for the better... maybe not 

Highlighted
Registered since

May 22, 2017

Absolutely!! I run my guitar straight into the mixer with a G1 guitar unit and also straight in via a Roland unit built into guitar for acoustic/12 string sounds.

The PA is very powerful!

One bit of advice - run the tops at 2 o’clock and the subs at 12 o’clock and run the mixer down slightly from 0db.

Great sound.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 10, 2018

In 600 sq feet I'd only run ONE F1 and sub!

Protect your hearing...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 10, 2018

PS: I've found that many of the current guitar pedalboard, efx units have outputs for a guitar amp AND a PA.

In my case, I've got two pedalboards and a Line 6 Firehawk FX and get exquisite sound from them into my 2 S1 Pros (and Behringer sub) or JBL EON ONE with all of them using acoustic and electric guitars.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 11, 2016

For those following along, please see this new discussion.

Which Bose System Setup?

Thank you,

Bose Pro Community Admin