Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2019

Loud Hum from set up using F1 812 powered speaker

Hi

I must firstly say that the Bose F1 812 speaker sound is Fantastic.

I use a Tone match T1 mixer with F1 812 speaker and iPad for Backing tracks. When I first received the speaker plugged everything in absolute perfect sound. Now after 4 or 5 gigs using the same set up (photos attached) It has now developed an annoying humming sound.

To try and trace the problem I firstly disconnected the T1.  With the master imput volume down to zero and the iPad plugged into the back of the speaker volume knob half way no hum. Reset every thing back to the original setting (changing all of the leads) . Back to a loud hum.

Can anyone help its driving me crazy as when I first used this set up no hum !!!

Many Thanks

Warren

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Loud Hum from set up using F1 812 powered speaker

Hi Warren,

Thanks for the great description of the problem (sorry you're getting that hum), and the pictures.

A couple of questions for you.

• Are you using a balanced cable from the T1 to the F1 Model 812 input?
    • That's a cable with 1/4 inch (6.3 mm) Tip-Ring-Sleeve plugs at both ends like this.
  • Do you have the T1 ToneMatch® Audio Engine Power Supply and the F1 Model 812 plugged into the same power source (likely the same AC power strip)?
    • Ideally, you should.

Here are some more notes that may be helpful.

Does that help?
ST

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2019

Re: Loud Hum from set up using F1 812 powered speaker

Hi ST

I have both mains leads plugged into the same plug board source.

Need to check cable re balanced as I can't remember and will read the articles you mention and re try.

Thanks again ST 

Best Regards

Warren