cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joeyc
Registered since

Oct 30, 2011

Mic Stand Mount for laptop

Man, I am pulling my hair out trying to find a sturdy mount for my laptop that will attach to my mic stand. I have a very heavy duty mic stand that will easily handle the weight of the laptop as well as my T-1. I had been using a seperate stand (Quik-Lok) for the laptop and the <<bad word>> plastic height adjustment assembly cracked and broke beyond repair. Any links or pics of laptop mounts for mic stands would be appreciated

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Edit: Forum-Admin changed a disallowed word « … » — Please see our Terms of Service link at the bottom of every page.
9 REPLIES 9
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Mic Stand Mount for laptop

Hi Joey C.

Check out this discussion about Open Road Matt's discussion about The Musicians Table

It's not what you asked for, but it might be worth considering.
joeyc
Registered since

Oct 30, 2011

ST, yes not what I'm looking for but did get a good idea from the included pics. I like the guitar hanger on the one stand pictured. So, I will be incorporating that into my design ideas. The plan is to utilize one sturdy tripod stand that will serve as mic stand, laptop stand, T-1 stand and now guitar stand.. I have all the needed parts to build but was hoping some manufacturer would make a clamp-on laptop attachment for mic stand...the quest continues..
Angel_On_Guitar
Registered since

Jul 12, 2011

I had the same issues and needed a stand not only for my laptop but my T1 as well. I used an old mic stand with a boom and with a little plywood and some elbow grease I wound up with a great solution. I used the stand mounts from the boom for the attachment for the table to the stand (in the picture note the conduit hangers from Home Depot as the anchor points). It is very sturdy and does the job well. I have been using it for over a year now and I gig regularly so I know it is reliable too and it has never been turned over even though it has been bumped several times. I use a large bungie cord to attach the laptop and the T1 just sits there very comfortably. Hope the pic helps.
Tom Munch
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 30, 2004

Joey,

I've had really good luck with the Manfrotto photography clamp called the Super Clamp. It is very well made and has a bunch of accessory arms and trays that work fantastically with mic stands and other music paraphernalia. Pick up a mic-tripod adaptor and you can mount any mic accessories to it as well. I use it for my laptop with a Qwik Lok tray. There's a discussion here on the forum with links and descriptions here - T1 mic stand adaptor, thoughts and questions

Hope that helps.
roy_2
Registered since

Jul 26, 2007

I think the issue of a laptop and a T1 on a mic stand would be balance and it tipping over. I use a modified music stand off to the side.
Tom Munch
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 30, 2004

Roy,

I haven't had any issue with a netbook or iPad on one side and the T1 on the other. They kind of balance each other out very nicely. There's pictures on the forum somewhere - probably at Big Sur.
Joelheck
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 16, 2007

Roy.

I love the "Craftsman Guitar Slide".

Way cool for a "Bobble Head Solo"
roy_2
Registered since

Jul 26, 2007

quote:
I love the "Craftsman Guitar Slide".

It also is a great weapon if I need it.
Angel_On_Guitar
Registered since

Jul 12, 2011

For Roy, no balance or tipping over problems in over a year with a lot of gigs. I assume it is because I chose a very sturdy mic stand to start with and built ir like a tank. Too many years as a Shuttle engineer for NASA I guess. Here is a pic from the top (this one is in focus Smile Note the part on the front where I have my guitar and mic wireless receivers. Very handy!!