Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

Mixer - Mic preset

Is there a department, office or contact we can send mic preset requests to?

I am looking at buying an Ehrlund EHR-H microphone as it’s spec is out of this world.

Would love to have a preset that got the best out of it.

4 REPLIES 4
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Mixer - Mic preset

Hi ScubaBadger,

ScubaBadger posted:

Is there a department, office or contact we can send mic preset requests to?

Please put a request in this discussion: Tell us what instrument and microphones you use

Bose is following that discussion.

I am looking at buying an Ehrlund EHR-H microphone as it’s spec is out of this world.

Would love to have a preset that got the best out of it.

You sent me off reading reviews and that was fun.

One concern is the polar pattern is cardioid.  Over the years, Bose and Bose customers have had best results with microphones with supercardioid or hypercardioid polar patterns. 

ST

Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

I had the same concern.

a friend of mine has ordered on and I will try it out and IF you want post back here?

Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

Did you read the spec 7hz - 87,000hz

Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi ScubaBadger,

ScubaBadger posted:

Did you read the spec 7hz - 87,000hz

I did see that specification.  I didn't see any of the reviews suggesting a practical benefit to having a frequency response beyond 20 kHz. So I didn't give it a lot of thought. I know that some of the gear at my place has a frequency response well beyond 20 kHz. That doesn't help with anything I need to do and in some cases it creates issues in the digital domain (inaudible noise that consumes resources to manage). 

If you try out the Ehrlund EHR-H microphone please tell us what you hear and think both generally, and in the context of using it with your L1 Model II and T4S.

Thanks.

ST