cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wewelcars
Participant
Registered since

Mar 7, 2011

Re: Model I with B2 using 10k Resistors Installed- WOW! Activating the B1/Crossover

Hi Everyone,

Has anybody tried the preset #74 on the channel 1 of the L1 M1 w/o the T1? For me it sounds great, I love the pumping bass of the B2....
jaswrx
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 24, 2011

Re: Model I with B2 using 10k Resistors Installed- WOW! Activating the B1/Crossover

the one made for Kick Drums?
Lou_D
Registered since

Aug 29, 2007

quote:
Originally posted by Wewel:
Hi Everyone,

Has anybody tried the preset #74 on the channel 1 of the L1 M1 w/o the T1? For me it sounds great, I love the pumping bass of the B2....

Without the T1 would be the only way, if you use Model 1 presets.
If you use a T1 with a Model 1, you should have the preset on the Model 1 set at 00.

Are you doing this with the 10K resistor installed? If not, this may be better on a thread of it's own.
bobbyclark
Registered since

Oct 13, 2008

I have over 12 gigs with the B2 with the 10k resistor installed in the cable. I have a Model 1 and a Model 1 Classic...both with a B2 each with a 10k resistor installed in the cable. I have used it with a PreSonus StudioLive 16.4.2 and a Bose T1 ToneMatch Mixer. Areas of use have been with Acoustic acts, full bands and in DJ use (with either mixer). Even though BOSE does not support this modification, it is beyond belief.
This past weekend, I ran sound for 11 bands in 18 hours. The B2 subs were simply amazing with the acoustic acts with bass and kick backing tracks and even better with the full bands. These were all in an outdoor setting and no one asked for less volume or could I turn the bass up. More than enough to provide for a group of 200 or more.
DJ JD BASS
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2008

I second what Bobby has said! The B2's with the 10k resistor are just plain awesome!!!! Very Happy!!! 4 gigs with them now... Smile
nextgen1
Registered since

Jul 25, 2007

quote:
Originally posted by Bobby Clark:
Okay, I guess this could be a project for me today.It's probably about the easiest thing I have ever done in ways of modified audio connections. You can view the video here: http://youtu.be/w6Rvk7OoxvA

Edit : The linked video provides information that is not supported by Bose and publishing it here in the forum does not represent an endorsement of its contents.

I like this video thanks for making it. One question I do have just to clarify. The end with the resister in it goes into the L-1 and the end with nothing in it. Goes into the B-2 is this correct?

Thanks In Advance
nextgen1
Registered since

Jul 25, 2007

I do have another question. I had a pair of cables made for my L-1's using the B-1. Since then I have moved to the B-2's. Would these cables not work with the B-2's. I have not tried so I do not know.

When buying my B-2's I just bought the cables that everyone said to buy for them from the company suggested in this thread. I guess what I'm asking now are the cables I had made for the B-1's just useless now? Or can I modify them with the resisters?
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi nextgent1,

You can use the B1 cables you made up if you want. They should be just like the cables that came with your B2s.

And yes, you should be able to modify them with resistors if you want to.
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

quote:
Originally posted by nextgen1:
quote:
Originally posted by Bobby Clark:
Okay, I guess this could be a project for me today.It's probably about the easiest thing I have ever done in ways of modified audio connections. You can view the video here: http://youtu.be/w6Rvk7OoxvA

Edit : The linked video provides information that is not supported by Bose and publishing it here in the forum does not represent an endorsement of its contents.

I like this video thanks for making it. One question I do have just to clarify. The end with the resister in it goes into the L-1 and the end with nothing in it. Goes into the B-2 is this correct?

Thanks In Advance

It shouldn't matter which end goes where.
jaswrx
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 24, 2011

ya, it does not matter which end goes in where...