Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nextgen1
Registered since

Jul 25, 2007

Re: Model I with B2 using 10k Resistors Installed- WOW! Activating the B1/Crossover

Well after attempting to do this on the original B-2 cables. I have decided that I'm a very good DJ/MC but a lousy electrician of any sort. My wife described it as "Watching a monkey trying to have sex with a football". I will take it that I exceed in many things and fail in others. This being one of them.

If I send the cables I bought about 5 months ago for the B-2's back and ask them to install the 10K resisters who do I need to talk to and does anyone have and idea of how much it will cost to have this done.And answers would be a very very awesome thing.
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Model I with B2 using 10k Resistors Installed- WOW! Activating the B1/Crossover

Hi nextgen1,

If you got them here:
http://www.audiopile.net

Then you want to talk to

Mark Hellinger

509-287-2020 M-F 9am-5pm PST
jaswrx
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 24, 2011

Update:

I have gig'd several times since using the parametric EQ, and found it to really help the b2s sound tighter and more natrural.

I get the giggles when I disable it to see the difference.

In fact, this week I even dropped more of the upper bass, and it sounded even better.

You guys don't know what your missing, and much louder and better sounding they get.

No one needs to have bass peaks at 80ish. Just way too boomy!!

To those with the Model II's, I am jealous.
DJ JD BASS
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2008

I'm good... no extra eq needed here! Smile
jaswrx
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 24, 2011

You could be better! If you heard the difference, you would be amazed. I have a really really good ear, and have extremely high standards, so the boominess bothers me, and does not do well with older music.

JD, just curious, can you NOT hear the difference between the Model I and Model II with the B2 connected.
jaswrx
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 24, 2011

JD,

You were also "good" when you used your APHEX, and you were not in favor of the mod.

Now you switched you mind, and you love it. Enlighten your self, and get a T1 or Driverack, and turn the B2 into a nice little sub.

Feel free to call me at 469 583 7346. I can help you out.
DJ JD BASS
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2008

jaswrx, first off I have never heard the Mod. II with the B2. Second off as I am getting older I am finding out that the K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid) standard is usually the best medicine. I used the APHEX when I had no other option & didn't care for all the extra cables... I think with the 10k resistor in route it sounds 100% better than with just a B1 cable. As far as it sounding as good as the APHEX I think it does. I also have a very good ear for music & with the 10K Res. I am liking what I hear overall with all types of tracks (new & old).

The bad thing about extra effect processors is not only do they have the power to make thing sound better they can also make thing sound worse... As I used the APHEX more & more, I saw this to be true.

If you don't agree, lets just agree to disagree- you are not going to convince me to buy another piece of gear.
Lou_D
Registered since

Aug 29, 2007

While I'm satisfied with the sound I hear running my B2 on my L1 M1 and a 10K resistor, I'm not giving up 2 of my B1's.

This weekend, I'm doing a wedding with 50 guests. One Model 1 and two B1's is perfect for that group and for many of our events up to and well over 100 guests. It's also much easier to set up than 2 Compacts and 2 third party subs.

With the B2 (And the ability to trigger the B1 curve with a 10 K resistor) in my arsenal I now have options I never dreamed of.

As for the "Aphex Exciter", I might keep it in the rack just for kicks and for the additional flexibility it provides for both my B2 and B1 set ups. I'll give it 6 more months and then decide if a 10 Cent 10K resistor has made made it unnecessary.
DJ JD BASS
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2008

I'm with Lou on this one 10K trials very good so far, APHEX in rack for a while... Smile
wavesound
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 1, 2006

I just wanted to throw my two cents in on this 10k workaround for B2s with older L1s. I am running 4x B2s with 2 L1 Classics and one "towerless" L1 classic powerstand providing acting as two "packlites."

Adding 10k resistors on the second NL4 conductors to trigger the B1 EQ really evens out the whole system and was just what I needed!

EDIT: For those of you not happy with the newfound "boominess" of your B2. Try swapping your 10kOhm resistors for a 5k resistor. That should knock an additional 3dB off the output making the L1 think there are 2 B1's connected instead of one B1.