Registered since

Jun 17, 2018

Mono output

Hi, just bought a T4S.

Does both the L & R signals get routed to the right output for a mono connection? Or, to achieve that am I better to use a Y connector?

18 REPLIES 18
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Mono output

Hi Speedy,

Pan all your inputs hard Right and use the Right Output.

No need for a Y connector (please DO NOT do that, it shorts two outputs together - not good).

ST

Registered since

Jun 17, 2018

But then I will not get any left channel info in the final signal.

In my backing tracks I have some instruments panned to the left and some to the right.

The way I output from my bigger, 12 channel Behringer mixer is with both L & R XLR outs into a Y cable, into an XLR to 6.5 TRS cable, all balanced. This work great, and has done like this for a couple of years.

Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Speedy,

What is the source for the backing tracks, and how are you connecting them to the T4S?

ST

Registered since

Jun 17, 2018

I make them in Band in a Box software on my PC. They are .wav files which are on my laptop that I plug in to the Behringer mixer via USB, and plan to do the same with the tonematch.

Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Speedy,

You can direct the T4S USB B to:

• Master
  • Aux In
  • Channel 3 or 4 (T4S)

If you don't need to maintain the stereo image :

• and you want to combine Left plus Right channels (mix down to mono)
  • and you want to use the internal processing (Presets, EQ, effects), 
  • and have physical controls for the volume,

then direct the USB B to Channel 3 or 4 (one or the other). Then pan that channel hard right.

If you don't need the internal processing or physical controls for volume, then direct the USB B to or Aux 5 or 6 (one or the other). Then pan that channel hard right.

ST

Registered since

Jun 17, 2018

Ok ST, now I understand how that works, thanks for the explanation.

Registered since

Jun 17, 2018

Hey ST, I have connected it all up as suggested and it works fine except for one issue. When I listen in the headphones they are also panned to the right, so I only hear in one ear. Is there a way to make it so the mono signal goes to both sides of the headphones. As the separate headphone control was the reason I paid more for the T$S over the T1S, as I often use the phones for my monitor in noisy environments when I am behind the speaker and can't turn the volume up too high. If there is no way currently to do what I am asking, would it be possible for Bose to implement this in a firmware update?

Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Speedy,

Pan all your inputs up the middle.  That should give you what you want in the headphones.  And since you are merging the Left & Right sides of the stereo inputs, you should be okay at the Right Output.

ST

Registered since

Jun 17, 2018

ST posted:

Hi Speedy,

Pan all your inputs up the middle.  That should give you what you want in the headphones.  And since you are merging the Left & Right sides of the stereo inputs, you should be okay at the Right Output.

ST

Thanks ST, already tried that, seems to work ok. Now, one more thing...

I was under the impression I could rout the incoming USB-B signal to channel 3 or 4. Can't see that in the menu?