Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adjax
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 5, 2021

Mounting T4s to my mic stand or line array cylinder ?

Hi

I'm interested in the PRO 16 and T4S mixer but the manual

suggests mountain the T4S to a camera tripod.  Seems rather odd.

Are there any products on the market enabling mounting to the cylinder

line array like my L1 model II or mount / clamp to the side of my microphone

stand below my vocal microphone.  I find it hard to believe the camera tripod

is the only option.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
adjax
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 5, 2021

Re: Mounting T4s to my mic stand or line array cylinder ?

Author Accepted Answer selected by adjax

Thanks for your reply. 

I'm going to try MST4-PRO bracket to attach the mixer to a mic stand.

Purchased on Reverb.

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Fish-54
Mentor
Registered since

Aug 1, 2010

Hello adjax,

There has been a lot of discussion about the mounting for the T4s (and the T8s) when they were first introduced.  Do a search here in the forum for "T4s Mount" -- that will get you about 22 other discussions and solutions on this subject.

The T1 included a mounting system for the then-current L1 Classic, Model 1, Model II, and Model 1s to integrate to the cylindrical radiators.  They also offered a mic stand mount that some folks had great success with, others not so much (some felt it was too easily prone to breakage.)  Personally, I was always afraid of tipping the mic stand, especially when the weight of a boom, the T1, and all the cables (and my own klutziness.)

When the L1 Compact was introduced, the columns were plastic, and I believe Bose didn't feel comfortable with its ability to hold the T1 reliably -- so they avoided liability altogether by not including any column mounting system.  When the new mixers were introduced, the 1/4" tripod mount provided a "universal" connection to a readily available stable mount.  (Also, the T8s is nearly twice as heavy.)

I have seen third-party mounts, including arms, trays, mic stand thread to 1/4" adapters, and homemade gadgets.  At least the T4s has a reliable, strong mounting lug when a lot of other small-format mixers don't have one at all!

Does that help?

adjax
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 5, 2021

Author Accepted Answer selected by adjax

Thanks for your reply. 

I'm going to try MST4-PRO bracket to attach the mixer to a mic stand.

Purchased on Reverb.

Thanks

View solution in original post

rycowan
Collaborator
Registered since

May 12, 2020

I have an IK Multimedia iKlip 3 iPad Music Stand Adaptor. The spring-loaded clamp grabs onto the sides of the mixer (I use T1's) and holds it securely. $50. Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 5.33.19 PM.png