Highlighted
Registered since

Jun 25, 2018

Music playback

I have the L1 B2 system with the ts8 mixer. Only used it for a few gigs so still learning. I cant for the life of me figure out how to play back music during our breaks. Preferably through an ipad so we can use Pandora, etc.. i tried the flashdrive but of course it only takes mp3/wav so downloading from itunes is a whole different set of issues converting. Really want the ipad or iphone hookup. Seems having bluetooth would have been an obvious add. The manual is really limited, especially for techno challeged older musicians. Is there a youtube link showing this?

it sounds great! Thanks for any help.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Music playback

Hi Greg,

Thank you for joining the Bose Portable PA Community. 

We have some notes about connecting to an iPad here.

iPad to T1®

The principles are the same for the analog connection except that you'll probably connect to channel 7/8 instead of 4/5 as shown in the article.

You may be able to connect via USB. The last time I checked, Apple doesn't promise that the USB converter will work for audio. But I've done it.

If you go that route see:

T8S USB notes

That should get you started.

ST

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 10, 2018

Check into bluetooth receivers.  I've used one occasionally for playing music between sets plugged into available channels on my various mixing boards.

The one I've used is only about $30.

Highlighted
Registered since

Jun 25, 2018

Thats a good idea, thanks

Highlighted
Registered since

Apr 9, 2018

Is there any Bluetooth that connects to USB pot on T4s mixer?

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi peterdpham,

peterdpham posted:

Is there any Bluetooth that connects to USB pot on T4s mixer?

The USB port is for a computer or compatible tablet.

You'll need to connect to one of the analog inputs (Channels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5/6) on the T4S. The USB port is for a computer or compatible tablet.

ST

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 7, 2018

Since you have a T8S, Use a 1/8” stereo cable from the outpt of the iPad or iPhone to 1/4” inputs on channels 9+10.  This will provide a summed output to the main.  If you have two L1M2 then you can pan channels 9+10 hard left and hard right for stereo.  I use this setup with an iPod Nano.  When my son came by last Saturday with some tracks from his band’s studio work we just plugged his iPhone into the 1/8” stereo jack, set his volume to about 60% and checked the input levels on 9+10 and he was blown away with the clarity of Bose!