Highlighted
Registered since

Aug 15, 2019

My Wife's gig tonight. Single S1 Pro

My Wife just completed a gig tonight with a single S1. I stand impressed on the coverage I've gotten out of this speaker. This was a large ballroom, and even filled with talking patrons, I walked the corners and it was laying down good coverage. The pictures don't do the room size justice.IMG_0876IMG_0875

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

Re: My Wife's gig tonight. Single S1 Pro

Very cool!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

Hi...Good photos. Looks like your wife is using a Shure Headmic....if that's correct, what mic pre-set is she using and are you happy with the output? Thanks...George, Vancouver Island

Highlighted
Registered since

Aug 16, 2018

George, 

Saw you post. For information I also use an S1 Pro and have just acquired a Shure SM35 Wireless headset which I take direct to S1 Pro. I use its default tonematch mic setting switch and EQ and Reverb to taste. Works fine for me.

Im not aware there is any way to adjust the tonematch setting on an S1 Pro it’s either set for off, mic or guitar.  The Bose T1, T4S or T8S mixers gives you further choices.

Cheers

David

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 22, 2014

Very nice photos. 

I also found placing the S1 Pro at a bit more than head height on a tripod stand as your wife did will spread quite clearly across even a large room. 

I used it at an outdoor festival where the crowd was around 500 people or so at a time.  I used the S1 Pro as there was NO electricity available.....ran through the T1 and a pure sine wave battery and it gave surprisingly excellent coverage and volume.   Bose gave me the real advantage there as I was the only one that had any amplification at all.    More win/win situations from Bose!   

Glad this is working well for your wife and her performances!     tom

Highlighted
Registered since

Aug 15, 2019

George Gonzo posted:

Hi...Good photos. Looks like your wife is using a Shure Headmic....if that's correct, what mic pre-set is she using and are you happy with the output? Thanks...George, Vancouver Island

George the mic is an Audio-Technica PRO 8HEx. I run a Yamaha MG06X mixer, for more connections when needed, and also delay and reverb and preamp. I run the S1 tone match off, just slight reverb, and tone dials at 12:00. This mike needs either the preamp the Yamaha provides, or a XLR/1/4" transformer.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

@Musicianthomas I totally concur about the S1 sounding great being on a stand, head high. We’ve found that to be a good way to project the sound especially since we seem to use it at outdoor gigs probably because there’s usually no power or power is questionable. 

We just did an outdoor gig where the sound system was supposed to be supplied, but the generator they were using kept blowing a fuse. I felt so bad for the sound guys. They had a ton of sound equipment setup that just sat there through no fault of their own. Luckily, we had brought our trusty S1 as a possible monitor and/or backup so we just set it up and got through our portion of the gig. Needless to say, the sound guys were very impressed and thankful as it gave the event time to figure out the issue. They took a long hard look at the S1 after they heard it. As always, they were amazed at the quality and how much sound it put out and all on battery!

One question for you: what pure sine wave battery did you use for the T1 and how long would that battery last?