Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dodger1
Registered since

Dec 17, 2006

New Bass- EMG pick-ups?

Hello...I'm a new bass player and I'm having a new bass built. My band played through the L1 system recently. We all loved it. We could really hear and mix our sound together for the first time. We also were told by our fans that we sounded better than we ever have. So, I'm looking at the the L1 with two B1 subs for my bass. Will the EMG 35CS and 35TW present any issues to consider?
Thanks so much!
11 REPLIES 11
bigkyle-at-bose
Registered since

Nov 11, 2004

Re: New Bass- EMG pick-ups?

Nope, the pickups won't present any issues. Set your channel gain properly, pick a preset that sounds good to you (off the top of my head I think preset 61-63 are for bass w/active electronics), and play!

Welcome!!
bassnut
Registered since

Oct 25, 2006

I'm using almost the exact setup you describe.

My bass is a single-cut 35" scale neck-through, maple with bubinga stringers and an ebony board.

I have the CS in the neck position (mine are 40-series, because of the 5-string), and the TW in the bridge.

I have experimented with the Bass model pack in a POD XT Live as well as various outboard gizmos (tube mic pre, Yamaha NE-1 parametric EQ, etc.), and various presets on the PS-1.

In the end, I always come back to using preset 00, with a touch of mid cut on the remote to taste, a pinch of bass boost, and the treble flat.

It sounds a little bright and dry when I play by myself, but it's a wonderfully warm and articulate sound in a band context.
dodger1
Registered since

Dec 17, 2006

Thanks a lots guys. This is gonna be fun!
Ken-at-Bose
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 13, 2003

Hi Dodger,

Welcome here.

I'm curious about the situation where you played on an L1™ system.

How did that come about?

Ken
dodger1
Registered since

Dec 17, 2006

Ken...it was at an art gallery in Big Sur California. An outdoor benefit event for Katrina victims. About 75-100 people. The sound guy put us through two L1s and two B1s. We were amazed at hearing and playing to each other. Our people said it was the best we ever sounded.
Ken-at-Bose
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 13, 2003

Hello Artful Dodger,

OK Then.

All has been revealed.

Big Sur.

Say no more.

Many of us were transported last April at the L1™ conference held in Big Sur.

All the vibes are there.

If you go back, let us know, okay? We can hook you with some of the big people in the universe.

Ken
dodger1
Registered since

Dec 17, 2006

Ken...sure, I'm ready. Is another event planned?
chucklawhorn
Registered since

Feb 13, 2004

Dodger, I have four basses I play through the L1 regularly:

A Modulus 6-string Quantum with EMG pickups

A Modulus fretless 6-string with Bartolini pickups

A David King 6-string with Lane Poor pickups (that's the one in my avatar picture)

A Fender 5-string American Jazz with Bartolini pickups (the ones Fender calls "noiseless" aren't)

All of them sound great through the L1's. I prefer preset #63, and play them all flat, with just a small amount of bass added to the David King. I never have to play much with the L1 remotes, just the onboard guitar adjustments are enough to get the sound I want.

I think you'll love an L1 with 2 B1s. I sure do.
dodger1
Registered since

Dec 17, 2006

Thank You Chuck...I really appreciate your reply. I'm new to live playing, and it's really taking off. I'm finding my way. The L1 was an amazing experience.