cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Notice
Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community!

This is a community for Live Musicians, DJs & KJs, Entertainers of all kinds, and Sound Engineers to discuss Bose Professional S1, L1, F1, and Tonematch systems.

The Bose Community for Bose speakers, headphones, audio sunglasses and more is no longer available. If you need assistance with other Bose products, such as the Quiet Comfort Earbuds, Soundbar 900, QuietComfort 45, etc., please visit our support site. Please note that threads created for non-Bose Professional products will be removed.

Thanks for your understanding!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SunDog
Participant
Registered since

Jun 17, 2010

New Harmonizer

The G-XT is going back. The compact size is just not working for me. I keep inadvertantly editing the pre-sets as I play.

Taking all input on any of the other contenders:

VoiceLive 2
VoiceLive Touch
Vocalist Live 3

Any input would be appreciated.
22 REPLIES 22
captacoustic
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 14, 2003

Re: New Harmonizer

Hi John. I gig tomorrow with the Harmony G-XT for the first time so I'll find out what works and what doesn't. Basically, for my needs, I'm using two positions: one with small room setting and single harmony voice and one with slapback for them thar rockabilly tunes.

Hoping that with this simple setup it will function fine. I'll report.
SunDog
Participant
Registered since

Jun 17, 2010

I did my second gig with the G XT last night. I had a couple of episodes where the pre-set got edited by whatever dance my fat butt was doing on the pedal.

I was trying to only use one pre-set.
elranchodeluxe
Registered since

Nov 9, 2005

I personally like the Voicelive2. Lots of presets, though some are cheesy. You can edit it via computer and can run the guitar with either the built in effects or dry. The buttons seem to be well spaced also.
SunDog
Participant
Registered since

Jun 17, 2010

The well spaced buttons are a plus. Not too concerned about pre-sets.

i would probably prefer the GXT guts in a VL3 package.
stos2
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 17, 2010

I had the Vocalist Live 2, which was a great little unit. I recently sold it and bought the VoiceLive Touch (Christmas present to me). I haven't had it long enough to become proficient, but I like what I hear so far. It's expensive, but it's powerful. Not as easy to use as the Vocalist models, but more harmony voices and many effects, plus the looper function. I admit it is a bit of an overkill, but the sound is outstanding. Much better than my beloved VL2, though most people probably won't notice at a live gig. Haven't gigged yet with it, but can't wait.
captacoustic
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 14, 2003

Precisely what I think too John. I LOVE the sound I'm getting from the Harmony G but hate the tiny buttons and red lights and lack of digital readout info.

quote:
Originally posted by SunDog:
The well spaced buttons are a plus. Not too concerned about pre-sets.

i would probably prefer the GXT guts in a VL3 package.
elranchodeluxe
Registered since

Nov 9, 2005

I just found out that there is an update for the VoiceLive 2 that adds a looper! That's quite awesome in my book.

I've also realized that I might be able to route the signal in, and maybe even out, between my T1 and VoiceLive 2 via usb. Other that tone shaping prior to harmony processing, do you imagine this would give any advantage?
Joelheck
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 16, 2007

quote:
I recently sold it and bought the VoiceLive Touch (Christmas present to me). I haven't had it long enough to become proficient, but I like what I hear so far.

I picked up one in early Dec, but just received the Switch 3 pedal for it last week. I recently had left hand surgery for carpel tunnel and hooked it up to track harmony from the MP3, instead of my guitar, while I am recovering. It works quite well, but has a rather steep learning curve to best utilize it's features. The manual and help lookups, are written by someone who knows the unit, rather than an end user and the default settings are not listed, so I had to go through and map each one. The presets are not explained nor the settings used, like the Digitech, which is more friendly.
The Voice Live Touch works well and has some great sounds, but you can overwrite a preset accidently quite easily. My left hand has not recovered enough to make good use of the looper yet, but I am looking forward to it. My present setup with the T1 is a bit strange with driving the MP3's from the Aux port for harmony tracking, but it is working well.
SunDog
Participant
Registered since

Jun 17, 2010

Joel,

I am looking at the Touch - so your input is very welcome.

How flexible is the set up for the switch three? What can you assign the buttons to do?

I would be really interested if you can use one of them to toggle on/off all the effects.