Highlighted
Registered since

Feb 2, 2011

New L1 Model 1 Owner

Hello all. I'm Andre, 24, from New York. I play guitar and sing, usually covering modern R&B & mainstream music. I plan on creating original music soon. Here's my youtube page

I just received my L1 Model 1, Double Bass yesterday and love it. The sound is very clear, bass powerful (even with only one plugged in).

I have a Takamine eg522c Classical guitar, which sounds great on the L1. I sat about 8 feet from it, facing it with my guitar without the lutehole sound hole cover (which I have used during live performances to help eliminate feedback), and I did not get even the slightest hint of feedback. I will further test this later on.

I also played some mp3's and Pandora radio through my HTC Evo phone, which also sounded great.

I plan on using the L1 for live performances, house parties, and personal sound system at home, and am eager to put it to good use.

BTW, Cap Capello's insight and youtube videos are partly what helped me purchase an L1. Thanks Cap!

I do not have a microphone set just yet, but will get a wireless pair shortly.
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Registered since

Jun 6, 2005

Re: New L1 Model 1 Owner

Thanks for your post, Andre, and welcome to the Bose L1 owners' "family".

Keep in touch, and let us know how things are going with your system.
Highlighted
Registered since

Feb 2, 2011

Thanks Dan! Will do.
Highlighted
Registered since

Oct 26, 2009

Welcome Andre, and check into getting a T1, it will add quite a bit to your performances. One other thing I use is a Digitech VL4 Vocalizer. It will also add to your act. Check out my duo with the L1 Compact on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bi...ick1234?feature=mhum
Highlighted
Registered since

Feb 2, 2011

Thanks for the suggestions Bill!

BTW, great videos on youtube.
Highlighted
Registered since

Feb 2, 2011

Update:

I pretty much have all I need now. 2 Sennheiser wired mics, ( e835 and e935), and recently got a Tonematch Audio Engine. I've learned to do proper gain staging and use the mics at loud levels, with loud playback music and no feedback. I look forward to my first gig with it next month. Will try to get video and post on YouTube.
Highlighted
Registered since

Feb 2, 2011

Also when I have the T1 connected, and the R1 Remote unplugged, there's a loud hiss, even with the trims, Master volume on the T1, and channels on the Power Stand turned down, (except for channel 3 on the Power Stand where I have the T1 plugged in, trim at 3).

When I plug in the R1 Remote the hiss goes away. Is there a way to get rid of this hiss without having to plug in the R1?

I can duplicate the hiss when I plug in the R1 remote, and turn the volume on the R1 to 12 o'clock.
Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Andre,

Can you hear the hiss when you get beyond 8 feet from the L1®?

I'm trying to get a sense of how loud it is.
Highlighted
Registered since

Feb 2, 2011

Yes, definitely, I can hear it at 25 ft.
Highlighted
Registered since

Feb 2, 2011

Also I forgot to mention I'm using a 10 foot Hosa TRS Cable going from the Master out of the T1 to Channel 3 on the Power Stand.