Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 18, 2004

New L1® power stand v1.3 Released

Version 1.3 fixes a rare issue with the power stand firmware update process. On earlier versions the power stand could be affected by two failed 'L1 model II Firmware' updates in a row.

We recommend upgrading from 'L1 model II Firmware' version 1.0.

Click here to download the new L1® power stand v.1.3 firmware.

This firmware will also be available on the Musicians site at www.bose.com in the weeks to come.

The latest firmware is available here:

L1 Model II Firmware Updates

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 6, 2005

Re: New L1® power stand v1.3 Released

Just an FYI from a Mac user.

The first download of this 1.3 ".bos" for the powerstand I did with Firefox, and the Updater application did not recognize the format. I used Safari to re-download the file and it was then 'recognized'.

The various browsers can have a number of "default" actions which might take place after a download, as well as differences in how the browsers set the 'file type' for an "unknown" file name extension, so it's a little difficult to tell what was different without a lot of further testing ... but I do know that we have similar issues with downloading "geocaching" information (works flawless with one browser but not the other).
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 27, 2007

MAC user:

After doing the update for the L1 to version 1.3, the "PS II Firmware: 1.0" still shows. It said the update was successful. Does PS II Firmware mean "L1 version? Did I do this right?
Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi djazz,

You need to power down the Power Stand, and then turn it on again before the T1® will show the correct version number for the PSII Firmware. This is the case with PCs and Macs.

Reference: Firmware Update Installation Note.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 27, 2007

I realized that beofre I saw your post. Powering up and down shows the correct version. Thanks. Everything is great now.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 15, 2016

The web site is confusing as to the file date of the v1.3 update. It says the date is 2007/02/27. It should be 2008/04/09. Please fix that. The errant page is at http://toonz.ca/bose/wiki/index.php?title=L1%C2%AE_Mode...and_Firmware_Updates

Thanks
Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi RadicalDad,

Thanks for spotting that. I have changed the date to 2008/02/27 (the date of Neil's announcement at the top of this discussion).
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 8, 2008

HI. Adam here, just got my L1 a week or so ago. I had some intermitttentt problems and found the updater & BOS firmware updates.

I am on a g4 ibook (mac).

Hmmm - problem. The T1 firmware update ran fine. the L1 Updater APP screen showed the T1 firmware had been updated to1.6 no prob.

Yet, I ran the same process with th power stand firmware to upddate it to 1.3 and the L1 APP menu, after completed showed it as version 1.1.

I powered the T1 off, closed / relaunched teh L1 updater APP and did the PS firmware update again. Still shows uup thet 1.1 is the current version.

Anyone have advice or a similar experience?

Help. I go on the road tomorrow, and feel like this is a wobbly, but good sounding piece of gear.

Thank you.

Adam
Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Adam,

In case you haven't done it already - please turn off the power on the Model II Power Stand. Then fire it up again and check the version. You will have to run the L1® Updater software again to see it.

It should be at 1.3.

You have to cycle the power for the new version number to be displayed.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 17, 2009

have the same problem . just bought this new great system. downloaded new software and it keeps showing the old version 1.1. Downloaed it with firefox on a PC dell laptop.

tryed it 4 times now, and powered of the tonematch box.

any ideas mr bose man. thanks Paddy in UK