Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DJ JD BASS
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2008

New Projector added to set-up!

Hi all, We've recently added video to our set-up! Before the show we play a slide show of our logos in different colors. During the event we play a combination of "all ages appropriate" shadow dancing (during the faster tracks) & sound special effects video (during the slow songs & during some fast songs/games).
10 REPLIES 10
DJ JD BASS
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2008

Re: New Projector added to set-up!

jump2
Registered since

Oct 2, 2009

Looks good, tell us about the stand you're using for the LCD... Looks slick, where did you get it
mikep_2
Registered since

Apr 14, 2010

Hey JD can you give us the info on the projector? Also, how is it in various lighting conditions?
DJ JD BASS
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2008

The screen is made by: Dragon Frontboards-The projector is a Panasonic LC76U & it's great in mid to low levels of light.

I bought the projector for $200 from a friend & the screen was $100 plus $30 for shipping. I also bought the additional pole mount for speaker/lighting stands. I am however not using it in my set-up above. I drilled a hole in the wood frame & mounted a O-clamp on it. I will use the other clamp if I want to do some rear projection.

In the future I may invest in a LED projector, but for now this will do. Smile
brucem_2
Registered since

Mar 15, 2010

So, JD, is the projector on your DJ table behind the facade?
DJ JD BASS
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2008

No, it is on a stand between me & the screen (see the video). It helps that the projector is the short through type.

The foot print of my set up is 12' wide X 12' deep if I do video. With out video it is 12' wide X 8' deep.
brucem_2
Registered since

Mar 15, 2010

Yeah, I watched the video. Couldn't really determine where the projector was. Depth of field is hard to figure out in photos sometimes - that screen does not look like its 12' behind your facade to me. Still, you must have some major keystone correction projecting at that steep angle - or it seems to me.

Neat screen. I have not seen that before. Looks like a cost effective alternative to a plasma or lcd screen. Good job.
DJ JD BASS
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2008

The screen is actually only about 4.5' from the projector & yes the keystone adjustment is turned all the way up. *From the very front of my L1's to the very back of the lighting stand behind me is about 12' total.

BTW thanks for the compliment Bruce! Smile
ajb
Registered since

Jul 13, 2009

JD, looks great. Thanks for sharing.

Do you sell this feature to brides, or do you just include it as part of your setup? I'm asking because I polled past customers when I bought my LCD monitor, and it was about 50/50. Some said "that would be great, I would have loved it" vs. "I would not be happy if I showed up and didn't know about it in advance."