Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
russell1
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

New T8S mixer with Bose L1

T8S works fine powered up and plugged into an EV powered wedge.

When I connect the T8S to my Bose L1 system it cuts out - will play for a very short while then bang lights out. L1 Base still has power - just no power to the T8S system.

I bought the T8S for the reason of needing more inputs plus having the flexibility to run another speaker system or just use it with my Bose system. The salesperson (BetterMusic in Canberra) told me I could achieve both my objectives using the T8S. 

Can anyone shed some light on this - Very embarrassing yesterday when my band does sound check all ok - start to play and then lights out dead.

5 REPLIES 5
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: New T8S mixer with Bose L1

Hi russel,

Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community.

russell posted:

T8S works fine powered up and plugged into an EV powered wedge.

When I connect the T8S to my Bose L1 system it cuts out - will play for a very short while then bang lights out. L1 Base still has power - just no power to the T8S system.

It sounds like you did NOT use the ToneMatch Power Supply.

You must use the supplied ToneMatch Power Supply when using the T8S with an L1.   If you try to run the T8S directly from the L1 Model II Power Stand, it may light up and work for a little while, but it should not be operated this way.

T8S no ToneMatch port connection to L1®

Bose engineered all the ToneMatch mixers (T1®, T4S, T8S) to offer the same excellent quality audio whether you use the ToneMatch cable (T1® or T4S) or a balanced cable (T8S) for audio.

If you are using good quality balanced cables there should be no difference between using any combination of XLR and 1/4 inch Tip-Ring-Sleeve connections.

The benefit of using the Cat-5 cable for the T1® or T4S is convenience because you don't need to use the T1®/T8S power supply. Unfortunately, the Model II Power Stand can not supply enough power to operate a T8S. This is why a ToneMatch Power Supply is included with the T8S.

Does that help?
ST

russell1
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Thank you yes - but not what the sales person told me in the shop. What is the best "out" to use on the back of T8S and where does it plug into the base of the L1 - appreciate the reply thank you  

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi russel,

russell posted:

Thank you yes - but not what the sales person told me in the shop.

That's unfortunate. The sales person may not have been fully familiar with the T8S.

What is the best "out" to use on the back of T8S and where does it plug into the base of the L1 - appreciate the reply thank you  

Please see this article: T8S to One L1 Model II

All set?

ST

russell1
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Got it - very much appreciate your help - thank you

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since