Highlighted
Registered since

Jul 7, 2009

New one Band of L1

We are using these Bose L1 Cylindrical Radiators in indoor & outdoor ( 2 - L1's Classic & 2 - L1's II model, 12 B1 bass modules + 2 Bose Panaray 310M Multi-Position Floor Array Monitors ). 9 musician R'N'R band . When performing we are not using no any other kind of speakers .
Sound is great & no problem with feedbacks, booming, wowing, big echoes in halls & other minor issues, which always are with "normal" speakers . & there is a
very big difference in sound quality ; Before buing, we really compare in live this speakers, when we were playing outdoor in old town, where was playing more bands with JBL's , EV's , DB's , ... - their sound were dull ( even these musicians were not amateurs & they know, how to use their equipment ), & many people go to us, & were happy, & everybody said, that sound was great, & ask where we get this equipment .
Any way, this equipment ( Bose L1 ) is perfect, only for first using, better to know, what is this & how to use it . For indoor usage it's enough to have for each L1, two B1 bass modules, for outdoor, for one L1,- 4 B1 bass modules . This is really "no problem" equipment . But I think , that ToneMach mixer from Bose is really overpriced & I thik is better to use other companies mixers . I hope, that in future Bose will make ToneMach stereo mixer even with 12 channels, with possibility to load (WAV.) impulse responces for better effects & for near the same price ....
& at last , we were used electroacoustic contrabass ( which with normal speakers is very sensitive for feedbacking ) , & with Bose L1 with 2 or 4 B1 bass modules it works perfect , no feedbacking , even you stay in front of subs very close , & sound is full of base . ( When You will work with Bose L1 classic or 1 model , be cerefull, when You will turn trimmer knobs on pad stand amp. Better make less trimming vol. & more vol. on master, & You will get less feedbacks, ... this info for these people who have always "feedback" problems... ).
If some of users, (most lead vocalists or people who playing wind instruments) feel, that little - bit not enough Your voice or instrument , in "near" position ( if You are using Bose L1's like P.A. system,- when all instruments play thru L1's ...) , just, You can use two Bose panaray floor monitors 310M, with Bose A1 amp. & "problem" will be solved . Why I suggest these kind of monitors, because color (timbre) of these monitors (310M or 620 M), are very similar to L1's . So You will have very good sound "atmosphere" on stage, when performing, what is most important for musicians .
& last thing , for everybody , before writing total bad critics about these equipment, better to read owners manuals, & just little bit study about electroacoustic , instead of turning knobs blindly . Sorry for my english , but I think You understand me correct .
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

May 16, 2017

Re: New one Band of L1

Hey Algis,

Nice to read about your experiences with L1 gear, it's like an instrument isn't it? One that you need to learn and understand. It sounds like you are getting there. It's nice being appreciated for the good sound by your audience too eh? Your English is actually quite good, I certainly got the point. Hope you enjoy the forum and contribute more about what you are learning from L1s.

P
Highlighted
Registered since

Oct 17, 2009

Re: New one Band of L1

How would you connect up the panaray floor monitors with the L1 II?