Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 10, 2009

Noise when I shut my L1 and T1 off

I have updated my firmware to DSP 1.7. I get a zip type of noise when I shut my system down.
How can this be fixed?
Thanks!
32 REPLIES 32
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

May 16, 2017

Re: Noise when I shut my L1 and T1 off

I get that sometimes...usually when I turn off the system *right* after I've been using it.
If it sits a while, and the volume is down when I switch it off, I don't get that sound.

I also turn off my Packlike AFTER turning off the Power Stand, or it will pop pretty loud.
Highlighted
Registered since

Nov 23, 2005

Hello:

The title of your post indicates you are using a T1 with your L1. If that's the case you need to make sure you turn the power off on the L1 before you turn off the power to the T1, otherwise you stand a good chance of getting a loud pop, or zippy(ish) noise. Maybe that's what you're experiencing.

If you're turning the L1 off before the T1 then I'm not sure where the noise would be coming from.

Stu
Highlighted
Registered since

Sep 29, 2006

quote:
Originally posted by Drumr:
I also turn off my Packlike AFTER turning off the Power Stand, or it will pop pretty loud.

I always turn my Packlite off before the L1 otherwise I get a weird noise.
Highlighted
Registered since

Oct 13, 2003

Hi Folks,

I'm going to ask Bill-at-Bose to comment here.

Please stand by...

Ken
Highlighted
Registered since

Jul 9, 2004

Hey Sharkbyte -

First, I apologize for the delay replying. I like to keep it faster than this, but we had an internal communication issue that we will fix.

Are you using your T1 with an L1 MII or an L1 MI?

And, for thoroughness, are you using an external power supply for the T1 or the digital cable?

Basically, when you have a T1/L1MII combination using the digital connection (single cable) from the T1 to the L1MII, the system should turn on and off quietly . This is true if you turn off the power switch on the T1 or on the L1MII.

If that is what you have, but it is still zipping, we need to investigate further.

If you are using the analog outputs of the T1, those will make noise when the T1 power is turned off. This is similar to other analog equipment.

If you have a PackLite amp on the L1, I agree with the advice above: Like with any component system with a power amp, you should shut down from the speakers back (power amps off, then mixer, then preamps).

Would you please let me know if this helps?

Thanks,
Bill
Highlighted
Registered since

Jul 9, 2004

Sharkbyte -

See my reply to your PM

-bill
Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 10, 2009

Bill,

I am using the T1 with the L1 MII.
I am using the T1 digital cable
I always leave the T1 on and turn power off at the base. The speakers make the zip zip noise even if I have nothing connected to the T1 but the digital cable that goes into the L1 model II base. In fact the speakers make the same noise if I disconnect the T1 totally from the base. However when I do that the B1 does not seem to make the same noise. I don't have any other analog outputs connected to the T1. It seems to me that my L1 base unit has an issue? Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Thank you!
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

May 16, 2017

quote:
Originally posted by denny_m:
Originally posted by Drumr:

Denny & Bill, you are correct...my bad.
I realized after a gig last weekend, that I do turn off the Packlite first, and it shuts down quietly.
I used to do the opposite and got the squawking sound.
Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

May 25, 2004

Hi Sharkbyte,

Are you using phantom power with a condenser mic, or any other device that needs phantom power?

O..