Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 22, 2008

Re: Outdoor venues

I agree with ST, there are many advantages to using the L1 Model II system including coverage ease of use and portability... I'd say go that and give it a whirl it might be the perfect fit.

Highlighted
Registered since

Apr 24, 2018

You guys are the best. Thanks so much for your advice. Here's a link to my wireless headset mic:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I recently purchased this and have only used it once with my old system.  Hopefully, it won't have feedback issues.  I am inclined to go with your suggestions and try the L1 Model ll with a B2.  If I feel a need to add the S1 Pro as a monitor, I'll do that.  It looks like a nifty little thing that might suffice for my very small intimate shows in libraries, etc.  

Do you guys know if I can order the T8S mixer yet? I need it ASAP, since I have a gig on May 17. 

Thanks again for your sage advice and time. --dana

Highlighted
Registered since

Apr 24, 2018

Oh, and I forgot to answer...  I am mostly in front of the audience, but sometimes venture out among the kiddos for a brief moment.  Not a far distance.  Usually, they are creeping up on me! : )

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Dana,

dana posted:

You guys are the best. Thanks so much for your advice. Here's a link to my wireless headset mic:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I recently purchased this and have only used it once with my old system.  Hopefully, it won't have feedback issues.

It's hard to tell from the description on Amazon, but it looks like you may have

BP892cW-TH Microset Subminiature omnidirectional condenser

• Handles high sound pressure levels with ease
  • Extremely intelligible natural audio
  • Inconspicuous, lightweight headset with capsule diameter of just 2.6mm is ideal for applications requiring minimum visibility
  • Ergonomic under-ear design”flexible, lightweight contoured loop hooks behind the ear for an ultra-secure, comfortable fit with or without glasses
  • Comes equipped with AT8464 Dual-Ear Microphone Mount that converts single ear-worn MicroSet to a dual-ear-worn unit for maximum stability and comfort
  • It includes element covers, windscreens, and a clothing clip

If it is an omnidirectional microphone, that means it picks up sound from all directions.  You may need to be careful not to walk in front of the L1® with the microphone visible to the L1®. Did that make sense?  If you have trouble, then you can likely get a unidirectional microphone that will work with the wireless transmitter/receiver.  I found one here, but I haven't used one of these, so that's not a recommendation or an endorsement.

You can deal with that if you have an issue with feedback, but there are some things you can do with the T8S to help with feedback too.

I am inclined to go with your suggestions and try the L1 Model ll with a B2.  If I feel a need to add the S1 Pro as a monitor, I'll do that.  It looks like a nifty little thing that might suffice for my very small intimate shows in libraries, etc.  

Do you guys know if I can order the T8S mixer yet? I need it ASAP, since I have a gig on May 17. 

Please call Bose at 1-800-873-5047 and see if they can take an order for it. If not, they should be able to tell you when you can get it.  You can order your L1® Model II with B2 at the same time. Just make sure they know that you need it quickly.

Thanks again for your sage advice and time. --dana

ST