Highlighted
Registered since

Jul 25, 2004

Re: PLEASE HELP!! ANYONE...I'M AT WITS END

snakehips posted:

Strip it down to bare bones first and test the Bose system with just a microphone. Then just a guitar (no effects, just the guitar straight into the Tonematch), and at low volumes AND in your home, somewhere away from fluorescent tube lights too.

Trav12, from your postings it sounds like you know your equipment and know what it should sound like. This must be a very frustrating experience.

Nonetheless, snakehips advice is a good one.  In fact, I'd skip the Tonematch too. 

Please do the following and give us some feedback. 

Plug just your guitar and mic straight into the Bose -- no Tonematch, no anything else.  How does it sound?  Any better, no better, worse?

I know this sounds basic but by do this and giving us some feedback, it could give us a starting point to help with assessing your issues.

Highlighted
Registered since

May 8, 2018

Have you tried to just connect an Iphone or similar yet straight to the analog-input of the footer? Let us hear how that sounds.
The sound should be full, and no feedback at all.

Highlighted
Registered since

Jul 13, 2015

I'm not sure if I missed something, but have you replaced the Powerbase for your L1 M2? Since it houses the amps, electronics, and crossovers for the tower it could most likely be the culprit.

I had a similar situation (volume spikes, odd noises and feedback) with an L1 Classic. It eventually died so I traded it in on a MII and have had no problems since.

I hope that helps and that your solve your problem! 

Highlighted
Registered since

Jul 13, 2015

Sorry, I just poured back through the entire thread and noticed that you had replaced the Bose Powerstand so please disregard my suggestion!

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 29, 2018

I am sorry you replaced everything before finding out the issues? Must have a lot of extra cash lying around. If I thought it where my guitar I would have played the guitar through another system to check if it worked properly. Sounds like that commercial where the guy wants new equipment but wife will not allow it. So each piece develops issues and needs to be replaced, until the entire system is replaced. I am sorry but I think the other guy is right you have Demons.

Highlighted
Registered since

May 5, 2018

Lol CCC... I would probably return the new stuff I bought after it didn’t fix anything?

Highlighted
Registered since

May 2, 2014

ccc posted:

I am sorry you replaced everything before finding out the issues? Must have a lot of extra cash lying around. If I thought it where my guitar I would have played the guitar through another system to check if it worked properly. Sounds like that commercial where the guy wants new equipment but wife will not allow it. So each piece develops issues and needs to be replaced, until the entire system is replaced. I am sorry but I think the other guy is right you have Demons.

HAHa.  I did play my guitar through another system- I own a second PA (QSC's)

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 29, 2018

So did your guitar check out ok through your second system? Are you taking us for a ride?

Highlighted
Registered since

May 2, 2014

ccc posted:

So did your guitar check out ok through your second system? Are you taking us for a ride?

Definitely not a joking situation for me.   I think i've finally found out the issue causing everything.  My final re-purchase was a stomper pedal board that on the old one i had some input problems etc with.  (The board produces kick and snare sounds)  I had a new one made and received it 4 days ago.  Had played 3 gigs with it and the snare side was buzzing badly and could be the main source of the overloading issue and frequency cut outs.   Only my luck would have it that the NEW ONE arrived from Australia and was BROKEN IN TRANSIT.  The inside components of the snare side of the pedal board were a mess, causing it to not make the correct sounds which led me to run it really hot.  I'll know for sure tomorrow when i can crank up the volume.  

Highlighted
Registered since

Jul 25, 2004

Trav12, glad you may have found the problem.  Please let us know what you find when you crank jt up today.  It would be nice to know if it's this or something else.