Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sinniste
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 13, 2020

Plug In i-Phone or i-PAD to BOSE T4S L1 setup

I use a BOSE T4S with my BOSE L1 compact (and love it-it works fantastically). All 4 XLR/combi jacks are filled on the T4S and I am wanting to connect my iphone/iPAD. Should I connect these devices to the Auxillary Inputs (5/6) on the T4S? I don't want to mess up any of my current setup since it works so well. Or, can I plug the iPHONE/iPAD into the iPHONE jack on my L1 (even thought the T4S is also plugged into that channel via a 1/4" cable from the R Output of the T4S (we pan everything hard right on the T4S and run the 1/4 cable from the R Output on the T4S to the INPUT 2 channel on the L1). I don't want to mess that up either by plugging in the iPHONE/iPAD. Many thanks for your help.

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
David_G

Re: Plug In i-Phone or i-PAD to BOSE T4S L1 setup

Author Accepted Answer selected by sinniste

Hi, I found this article that perfectly guides you through the setup you want - https://toonz.ca/bose/wiki/index.php?title=T4S/T8S_ToneMatch%C2%AE_Mixer#Aux_Inputs

Also, here is a screenshot of the instructions:

These adjustments will not effect channels 1 - 4.

Let me know if this helps.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dylan_R

Hey sinniste!

Thank you for your post. I recommend connecting your iPhone/iPad to channels 5/6 on the mixer - this way, all levels can be controlled by the T4S. Channels 1-4 will remain unaffected. 

Hope this helps!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
sinniste
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 13, 2020

Thanks for your reply, Dylan. Do you happen to know how to set the levels for the Aux In channels (channels 5 & 6)? I read in the manual the description about using the PAN/AUX setting, but I am concerned that I might mess up something else on channels 1-4. Also, if our sound tech needs to make a real time adjustment on AUX 5/6, how can that be done without compromising channels 1-4? Thanks.

Steve

David_G

Author Accepted Answer selected by sinniste

Hi, I found this article that perfectly guides you through the setup you want - https://toonz.ca/bose/wiki/index.php?title=T4S/T8S_ToneMatch%C2%AE_Mixer#Aux_Inputs

Also, here is a screenshot of the instructions:

These adjustments will not effect channels 1 - 4.

Let me know if this helps.

View solution in original post

sinniste
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 13, 2020

Thank you, David. This is exactly what I was looking for. The screenshot was extremely helpful, too. Thanks for going the extra mile.

Steve