albanyams
Registered since

Mar 5, 2006

Plug into backup battery or surge..???

I have the APC backup battery. On the back, there are many outlets and options. There are backup and surge outlets. My question, what should I be plugging my L1s into??

I have the computer system as well..

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Plug into backup battery or surge..???

Hi Tim,

What are you trying to do? Protect the L1™ from power surges or run on batteries or both?

I cannot comment on the advisability of running the L1™ on an APC Backup Battery... , but I will try to help you understand what you are seeing on the back of your APC Battery Backup.

There have been several discussions about this, for example Fried Power Stands.

I don't think we have heard anything (edit) recommendations from anyone-at-Bose about this.

Here is a link to a page on the APC site where you can download manuals for APC Products.

http://www.apcc.com/prod_docs/results.cfm?DocType=User+...ry_Type=8&value=none

Maybe you can find something specific related to the APC unit you have.

Back to what your question and what you are seeing.

There is a clipping from one of their products at the end of this post.
http://www.apcmedia.com/salestools/ASTE-6Z7VA7_R0_EN.pdf

Surge is ***Surge Only*** and on the APC gear that I use for computers, these sockets provide surge protection - but do not provide battery backup.

Only the sockets marked ** BATTERY BACKUP ** provide power if the power from the MAINS is interrupted.

I understand the the BATTERY BACKUP sockets provide SURGE PROTECTION too.

edit: recommendations
albanyams
Registered since

Mar 5, 2006

ST:
WOW!! I appreciate you doing this..I will continue to plug into the backup battery..THANK YOU for the display. I hope this will help others like myself!
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Tim

quote:
What are you trying to do? Protect the L1™ from power surges or run on batteries or both?
albanyams
Registered since

Mar 5, 2006

quote:
Originally posted by ST:
Hi Tim

quote:

Well, I found out the APC backup is also a surge protector..I didn't know this..