Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
albanyams
Registered since

Mar 5, 2006

Plug into backup battery or surge..???

I have the APC backup battery. On the back, there are many outlets and options. There are backup and surge outlets. My question, what should I be plugging my L1s into??

I have the computer system as well..

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Plug into backup battery or surge..???

Hi Tim,

What are you trying to do? Protect the L1™ from power surges or run on batteries or both?

I cannot comment on the advisability of running the L1™ on an APC Backup Battery... , but I will try to help you understand what you are seeing on the back of your APC Battery Backup.

There have been several discussions about this, for example Fried Power Stands.

I don't think we have heard anything (edit) recommendations from anyone-at-Bose about this.

Here is a link to a page on the APC site where you can download manuals for APC Products.

http://www.apcc.com/prod_docs/results.cfm?DocType=User+...ry_Type=8&value=none

Maybe you can find something specific related to the APC unit you have.

Back to what your question and what you are seeing.

There is a clipping from one of their products at the end of this post.
http://www.apcmedia.com/salestools/ASTE-6Z7VA7_R0_EN.pdf

Surge is ***Surge Only*** and on the APC gear that I use for computers, these sockets provide surge protection - but do not provide battery backup.

Only the sockets marked ** BATTERY BACKUP ** provide power if the power from the MAINS is interrupted.

I understand the the BATTERY BACKUP sockets provide SURGE PROTECTION too.

edit: recommendations
albanyams
Registered since

Mar 5, 2006

ST:
WOW!! I appreciate you doing this..I will continue to plug into the backup battery..THANK YOU for the display. I hope this will help others like myself!
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Tim

quote:
What are you trying to do? Protect the L1™ from power surges or run on batteries or both?
albanyams
Registered since

Mar 5, 2006

quote:
Originally posted by ST:
Hi Tim

quote:

Well, I found out the APC backup is also a surge protector..I didn't know this..