Highlighted
Registered since

Apr 17, 2019

Plugging into a generator for the first time

I have an L1 Model ll with Tone Match and am doing an outdoor event with no electricity.  The development has a generator I can plug into but want to throw them some specs I'll need for the generator.  Any suggestions?

27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 3, 2018

Re: Plugging into a generator for the first time

Make sure it's an Inverter Generator that produces a sine wave or you could have trouble.  The Honda Inverter Generators are great.

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Pat H,

Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community.

Outdoor events with the L1 can be a lot of fun.

We have an article for you.

Generators for Portable Power

Does that help?
ST 

Highlighted
Registered since

Apr 17, 2019

It does.  A lot.  Thanks!

Highlighted
Registered since

Apr 17, 2019

I actually do many events outdoors but always at places with power.  The system sounds great outdoors and can be heard over a wide range.

Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 11, 2018

I avoid a generator to the point I will not accept a gig unless it has good power. Not worth the headache. I will not even accept gigs that have power outlets more than 50 ft from the stage.

Highlighted
Registered since

Aug 27, 2018

Daniel is correct I have quite a bit of experience with this as I do a lot of outdoor events. I have purchased a Wen 56200i 2000 Watt inverter generator and its been fantastic ! 1/2 the price of the Honda and local service centers and a 3 year warranty and I haven't had to use the warranty super quiet and under $500 on Amazon hope this helps !

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 19, 2018

Hi Pat, I did an outdoor wedding last summer, I rented a Honda EU2000i, it supported two Bose compacts, mixer, laptop, and two led light bars with no problem at all, hardly broke a sweat... it's important to use the correct extension cable from the generator to the sound and lighting gear, I used a 100ft #12 gauge extension, if I remember correctly it could handle up to 15 amps

Anyway, good luck with your gig...

Highlighted
Registered since

Apr 17, 2019

Thanks Harry!  Very helpful and nice Ovation you have there.

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 30, 2019

My band has 2 L1 model 2 with 2xB2 subs.  4 instruments, 4 vocals, no drums.  We played an outdoor fund raiser at the regional botanical gardens.  Huge gardens with nearly 500 people.  All we heard we compliments. The sound was represented perfectly at all points of the garden. Frankly, we were amazed since we were on stage, we can't tell.  Our sound check was 50 feet from the stage.  The garden rocked.