Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
proflowery
Registered since

May 11, 2011

Potential Gig!!!

Hello Bose Brothers and Sisters-

To the Forum host: If this is not an appropriate forum topic, pleased delete. I searched the forum but could not find anything like this topic so I'm winging it:

I was contacted by a potential client in need of a DJ for a Holiday Christmas Party. Unfortunately, I'm not available so I'd like to refer this out to my Bose family here in New England.

Details:

Approx 250 people, Age range= 20's-40's. Music- Not specific but suggested (Top 40's, Hip hop, Country Pop, etc).

Date: December 15th 2011
Time: 6:00p - 11:00p

If you are interested, email me and I will pass the client info along to you. Not looking for a finders fee. It's all yours.

I'd like to send them a name or two ASAP!!!
6 REPLIES 6
Lou_D
Registered since

Aug 29, 2007

Re: Potential Gig!!!

Thanks for doing this. Wish we were in the neighborhood to take advantage of your thoughtful offer. It would be a 2K mile commute for us.
proflowery
Registered since

May 11, 2011

quote:
Originally posted by Lou 😧
Thanks for doing this. Wish we were in the neighborhood to take advantage of your thoughtful offer. It would be a 2K mile commute for us.

Come on Lou: Just hop in the Van and take a little New England Vacation. (Chuckle)
Media4u2
Registered since

Jan 31, 2008

I would LOVE to do it for you, as my sister lives in Connecticut, and I could combine a visit with her and the gig as well.

However, I have a concert to do (singing) on December 16-17, so I wouldn't be able to get back in time for the concert if I went to CT for the gig.

If only it were another time... (But if it were at another time, YOU would be doing it... LOL)
proflowery
Registered since

May 11, 2011

quote:
Originally posted by Media4u2:
I would LOVE to do it for you, as my sister lives in Connecticut, and I could combine a visit with her and the gig as well.

However, I have a concert to do (singing) on December 16-17, so I wouldn't be able to get back in time for the concert if I went to CT for the gig.

If only it were another time... (But if it were at another time, YOU would be doing it... LOL)

The next time I can't do a gig, I'll def post here. If ever you are in CT, give me a shout, coffee's on me.
jpelli73
Registered since

Dec 18, 2011

Hello everyone-

After a long time lurking here on the forum, I'm using this first post to thank Lee for throwing this gig my way. After a couple of exchanged emails, he sent my contact info to the client (a unit of the US Navy) and a deal was struck.

The gig, which was for about 100 navy personnel and their significant others, went very well. The guys were all impressed with the gear, particularly my backup Compact - I guess those submarine guys like redundant systems! Great chance for me to try out my new MacBook Pro/ Serato Itch/ Denon rig, too. And of course my model 1 with two B1's was more than adequate for the room and generated some positive compliments of its own.

Thanks again to Lee for the referral- as I mentioned to him, the L1 crowd seems to adhere to a high standard of professionalism and it's good to have a network of pro's in your local area!

Cheers,
John P
Pelli Productions
marlborough, MA

Many thanks to

Edit L1c ? L1 Compact
- System Naming
proflowery
Registered since

May 11, 2011

Hi John- Glad it worked out for you. Thanks for the help.