Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richfreeze
Registered since

Feb 4, 2006

Preset 58!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Awsome

Hi everyone
Played 2 weddings this weekend. One in a large hall about 300 people and another in a smaller hall about 100 people. First thing I notice about Preset 58 is that the sound sounded fuller and awesonme clarity. I found myself actualy backing down the volume from previous gigs where I normly have my settings. I set my master gain at 0db on my Mojo Raine Mixer and the PAS at 11 0'clock or the (number 4 I think it is)and no red lights all night long even at higher levels. Thank you to this forum and thankyou to the BOSE people. I did order one of the Pevey Kosmos Subsonic Generators but now I'm going to sell it , no need for it because two L1's and 4 B1's is plenty for any job.
Thanks Again to everyone for all their imput.
Rich Freeze
12 REPLIES 12
classicaxee
Registered since

May 27, 2006

Re: Preset 58!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Awsome

did you upload onto a classic L1 ?

classicaxee
NickNZ
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 13, 2006

We all agree the L1 is amazing, but can it be any louder than originally designed, just be adjusting the EQ?

Is it actually louder, or is it "perceived" volume?
kingscourt
Registered since

Oct 27, 2006

As with any EQ, if you push all the levels to the top, you get louder.

If you push selected levels that are perceived as louder, up, you get louder.

So,the trick to good louder vs bad louder is maximizing the ones that don't distract from the clarity and fullness of the sound while leaving those 'bad' frequencies at a lower level.

Just try adjusting your ITunes EQ some different ways and see how it affects the sound from your computer speakers.

Mine are Bose 🙂 so they sound great almost at any setting, but I can make them sound much better by adjusting certain freq's to higher and lower settings.

Sounds like 58 is a winner.
donniles
Registered since

May 31, 2007

I guess DJ's who don't have Preset 58 have Two Options...Download it or Buy the T1 Tonematch Engines.
richfreeze
Registered since

Feb 4, 2006

quote:
Originally posted by classicaxee:
did you upload onto a classic L1 ?

classicaxee

Hi classicaxee]]]xee
I have the L1's with the blue Square around the B1 imputs. I bought them in 2006 Jan. Mine alreaady had preset 2.0 loaded so I only had 1 step to do.Everything went real smooth.
Rich Freeze
Ken-at-Bose
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 13, 2003

quote:
Is it actually louder, or is it "perceived" volume?

Technically speaking, loudness is always perceived.

Sound pressure level (dB-SPL) is measured, and is only correlated with loudness.

This is a very complex subject -- typical of subjects that are, well, subject-based.

There's still so much we can't predict and so the experiences and contributions of real-world users like you make a big difference.

All the best,

Ken
albanyams
Registered since

Mar 5, 2006

quote:
Originally posted by Rich Freeze:
Hi everyone
Played 2 weddings this weekend. One in a large hall about 300 people and another in a smaller hall about 100 people. First thing I notice about Preset 58 is that the sound sounded fuller and awesonme clarity. I found myself actualy backing down the volume from previous gigs where I normly have my settings. I set my master gain at 0db on my Mojo Raine Mixer and the PAS at 11 0'clock or the (number 4 I think it is)and no red lights all night long even at higher levels. Thank you to this forum and thankyou to the BOSE people. I did order one of the Pevey Kosmos Subsonic Generators but now I'm going to sell it , no need for it because two L1's and 4 B1's is plenty for any job.
Thanks Again to everyone for all their imput.
Rich Freeze

Are you using the preset 589 on both powerstands, or just the one?? Curious is all Smile
richfreeze
Registered since

Feb 4, 2006

Preset 58 on both.
Rich Freeze
thesandmandj
Registered since

Dec 22, 2007

preset 58 on the T1 or the power stand?