Registered since

Jan 31, 2015

Presets for Yamaha Electro Acoustics

I'm about to take delivery of a Yamaha AC5R Electro Acoustic Guitar. I'm a long time Yamaha player and L1 user and it has always frustrated me that we can't get T1 presets for the most recent Yamaha guitars. My other Yamaha acoustic is an APX20D. I've tried various Taylor and Martin presets but nothing quite hits the spot. Come on Bose, lets have some love for the Yamaha players out there!

3 REPLIES 3
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Presets for Yamaha Electro Acoustics

Hi steview22,

steview22 posted:

I'm about to take delivery of a Yamaha AC5R Electro Acoustic Guitar.

Congratulations!

I'm a long time Yamaha player and L1 user and it has always frustrated me that we can't get T1 presets for the most recent Yamaha guitars. My other Yamaha acoustic is an APX20D. I've tried various Taylor and Martin presets but nothing quite hits the spot. Come on Bose, lets have some love for the Yamaha players out there!

I'm sorry. Bose hasn't announced plans for ToneMatch Presets for Yamaha guitars. Let's look at what we can do without them.

I found these descriptions about the Yamaha AC5R

Studio sound onstage

Normally you can best hear an acoustic guitar's subtle nuances in the studio while it's miked, but the Yamaha AC5R has Yamaha's SRT2 pickup system, which brings those wonderful, authentic sounds to the stage. With blend control, you can balance the output from the under-bridge piezo pickup with the modeling of either a Neumann U 67 large-diaphragm condenser mic or a Royer R-122 active ribbon mic, creating your own unique tone with natural clarity.

With these options, please try the following ToneMatch Presets with your new Yamaha AC5R.

No Modeling

Category: Acoustic Guitar
Preset: Steel String w/piezo

Modeling

Preset: Steel String w/condenser

Blended

Preset: Flat

Tweak things with the zEQ. 

You also have the ParaEQ, but I doubt you'll need it.

ST

Registered since

Jan 31, 2015

Thank you so much! That’s a really helpful response. I’ll give that a try and let you know how I get on. 

Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi steview22,

Please drop a note in the Tell us what instrument and microphones you use discussion about the Yamaha AC5R Electro Acoustic Guitar.

Thank you.

ST