ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Problem with L1 Tower connection

Hi Rob,

Aha!

Rob posted:

Hi, Thanks for the troubleshooting ideas.  I tightened all screws and I believe to plastic housing is in the right place.

It appears that only the top half of the tower doesn't work unless I tilt the unit back, then it's fine.

Take a look at the bayonet (the piece of metal that extends down from the top section into the bottom section of the Cylindrical Radiator®)

If the bayonet is bent, this can cause the problem you mentioned.  You can remove it (two screws) and try to flatten it out. If you can't get it flat, you can get a new one from Bose Support.

Bose® Product & Technical Support at (877) 335-2673
(U.S. and Canada only)
Monday-Friday: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM ET
Other regions

ST

Forum_Admin
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 11, 2016

Hi Calvin,

Elmer posted:

Hi . I have a Bose L1 Model 2 (20yr old , but very seldom used). Problem- The Power light (Blue turned on) will fault (RED) and shorten out the song being played. Can this be fixed or a time to replace. As you know this unit cost a lot. that would leave me with two(2) towers and two(2) bass and a Tone Match Unit.  Help//  - Calvin

Please see my response to your question here: L1 Model 2 Red light, sound pause

Thanks,

ST

Rob2
Registered since

Jun 12, 2019

Problem solved - the bayonet/connector was bent ever so slightly, so I ordered a $30 replacement from Bose and all is good again.  Thank you to all who replied!

Rob

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Rob,

Rob posted:

Problem solved - the bayonet/connector was bent ever so slightly, so I ordered a $30 replacement from Bose and all is good again.  Thank you to all who replied!

Rob

Thanks for coming back to tell us how you solved the problem.

Enjoy the music.

ST