Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
papadeuce
Registered since

Dec 15, 2007

Promoting Bose but NOT on my website....

I decided how I will promote my Bose away from my website. I will take a picture of my setup looking as absolutely "clean" as possible. No crowd, no people ( or maybe just me ).

Then I will put some wording on it..... like

www.aandemobile.com
Proud to use Bose audio

( or something similar )

Then I will make that the front of a postcard to send out. I'll further define / mention it on the rear of the card, along with other information.

Hopefully I can find a venue who will let me set up just to take the photos, while I demo the system to the manager. Wink
4 REPLIES 4
jeremyg1
Registered since

Mar 26, 2007

Re: Promoting Bose but NOT on my website....

It's great that you want to promote your BOSE speakers. I know we all are happy BOSE owners, but I wouldn't push your new investment to much. It can come off "over the top" and a little "cocky".

I would recommend calling up the venues that you usually play at or even ones that you want to play at. Talk to their event coordinator and let them know you purchased a new speaker system and wanted to test it out in their venue. Let them know you don't want to come to a wedding there with out knowing how it would sound.

I guarantee they will be in aww when you start playing on the BOSE speakers. The BOSE name does all the advertising you need. Everybody on the street knows what BOSE is. There's no need to do mass postcards letting people know you bought the L1 system.

just my .02
roy_2
Registered since

Jul 26, 2007

There is a musician/DJ in my area that trys to sell his act on the basis that he has top notch equipment and lighting. He goes out of the way to inform everyone how much he has spent and the name brands he uses. I still don't know if he has ever gotten work because of this. To most club owners in this area it is a turn off. What they want to know is how many people will come hear you play. I have a house band job that I use all JBL. It stays there because I don't have to move it. I use the Bose for private functions and in the summer I easily do 2 - 3 jobs a day on weeknds. Does the Bose sound better. I think so. Does it get me work. Not that I can tell. The JBL has it' plus side but I am not moving it around. IF I had to get rid of it I would put a Bose system in. The problem is when I am not at the house band gig I let whoever is filling in for me use that system. That is not an easy thing to spring the L1 on someone who has never used it. I have found the people who even notice the Bose are people who have a system for there home stereo. I don't think it hurts to advertise. I think it might be a good idea for Bose to have a links page for us users. This could be tied in to a demo program. If I let someone demo my system maybe I get points an use these to get a nifty T-Shirt. Think about it. Roy
papadeuce
Registered since

Dec 15, 2007

Jeremy, thanks for the response. I guess maybe I am overstating things.

I used to be a DJ 15 years ago, and gave it up. I just got back in business less than 2 yeears ago. I have to limit the number of events I can do - currently - to 15 or less a year.

So, while I want to show the Bose, REALLY these postcards are to let people know of my existence as a DJ at all. I'm really not a known DJ yet, this time around.

I certainly don't want to overly STRESS owning the Bose, but I absolutely want people to be AWARE that I use the Bose. Smile

If this wasn't the case, I would have chosen to stay with my JBL setup.
NickNZ
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 13, 2006

Don't forget to post pics of your set up and various venues online on your website (but not necessarily on a "gallery" page). Be sure to put a watermark on it with your URL, etc. Use alt tags containing the venue name, Bose L1, and your company name. This way when someone's looking for info on their chosen venue, they could find your hidden gallery page instead.

Google will love you, and you're not making a big deal of it on your website.