DJ_Cory_Barron
Registered since

May 1, 2018

Proper DJ Setup with T1 vs T4 or T8

Greetings all,

This is my first post on the forum. I have number of the Bose professional products, but i'm not sure i'm running them correctly. Typically if i'm using the F1 812 set up I will take the controller straight in. If i'm using the L1MIIB2 its through the T1 as described below.

As a DJ I run my controller (Pioneer DDJSX2) main XLR L & R outputs to the T1 in Ch. 1 & Ch. 2 

One the T1, I run the master Vol. at 50%, Ch. 1 & Ch. 2 Trim at all the way down & Vol. at 50% - The setting I believe is on Loud Music Playback.

Typically I run an iPad as a back up device on Ch. 4/5 and a Shure QLXD Wireless on Ch. 3 each with proper gain structure at roughly 50% trim & volume. 

Very interested in upgrading to either the T4 or T8 - not sure if the same setting would apply here or not. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Proper DJ Setup with T1 vs T4 or T8

Hi DJ Cory,

Thank you for joining the Bose Portable PA Community.  I'm glad you're here.

The connections for the T4S will be the same as you are doing now with the T1® with the added wrinkle - because the T4S is stereo, and you're using a single L1® Model II, you will pan all the channels hard RIGHT. 

Things with the T8S are be slighly different. In addition to panning everything RIGHT, you will connect the T8S RIGHT output to the L1® Model II Analog input on the Model II Power Stand. Use a 1/4 inchTip-Ring-Sleeve cable for this connection.

You will connect the ToneMatch Supply to the RJ 45 port on the back of the T8S.  The T8S does not connect to the Model II Power Stand for power or audio through the ToneMatch port.

Does that help?

ST

krugjr
Registered since

Oct 9, 2009

Re: Proper DJ Setup with T1 vs T4 or T8

ST.....found this from a yr ago during my research..... you note (above) with the T4s (stereo mixer) into one L1 (mono), pan everything hard Right..... you got me thinking:

1) would that be the same for stereo tracks playing back through ch 5&6? pan them hard Right? or is there no panning on ch 5&6?

2) excuse my "tech ignorance" please... if no panning or EQ with ch 5&6, is it possible to send stereo tracks split to ch 3&4, for instance, and then have panning and EQ available? I believe they are diff kinds of signals but I'm not sure.....

3) if I had a stereo mixer (other than a Bose) that had panning and EQ on the stereo music track playback channel, and I was playing through one L1 Model II, would I still pan the track (summed two trks to one) hard right?

thanks, ST..... I'm the one who was asking you last week about using my old T1 with something other than Bose (cuz I had to sell my L1 Model 1 last year) but I'm not ready to give up on Bose yet...the L1s and the ToneMatches are still my comfort zone..... I'm always looking for an affordable used deal.....

Doug