Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anemiroff
Participant
Registered since

Jun 3, 2018

Question re: how to best use (two) L1 Pro32 w/Sub1 for outdoor gig

Hi. I have two sets of L1Pro32 w/Sub1. These have been working beautifully for my band for the indoor gigs we've had since getting them a few months ago. . . noticeable upgrade from the previous setup of two L1M2 w/B2. I run everything through my Bose T8S, which is digitally connected via ToneMatch cable to one tower. Then I run a line out from that tower to the other tower...so it's a dual mono setup, with one system to each side of the band. We'll be starting some outdoor (parking lot) gigs next month, so I have a setup question. Would it be sonically better to keep running with a Sub1 connected to each tower for outside as we do inside, or should I have both Sub1 speakers connected to 1 tower and set to cardioid mode (and position the subs closer to the center of the band...a longer SubMatch cable would really help with that) and the other tower without the sub? Without the benefit of a wall behind us outside, I'm wondering if the cardioid mode is how we should go, and thinking since the towers are daisy chained in mono that it wouldn't hurt things much to have no sub connected to the 2nd tower.

(Note: Before you reply with 'just get two more subs and run both towers in cardioid mode', I can't afford another $1600 right now.)