cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nextgen1
Registered since

Jul 25, 2007

Questions for you guys

Ok guys I have a question. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with my Bose. But at the last few events I've had what I feel is low power from the venue and I'm trying to find out if my problems is all do to the lower power or maybe another problem.

At two events my power protector kicked off and had to be restarted at one event with a different mixer. The music would stop for like 1 second and then start again. This happened about 5 times.

Last night I had one of the Bose would stop playing sound thru the system while the other side kept playing fine. No one noticed except for me but it's really starting to cause me concern.

With last night I don't think it was the speaker cables because we change them around all the time. I can't be certain that its not one of the speaker channels on the mixer itself.

But the one thing at all these events was lower power. Good power for me looking at my power conditioner is about 123-125 I'm seeing at these other events 102 to 113 and 114 - 118.

I'm just looking for ideas here and opinions. And not the hard drive is being kept alive. So thanks in advance for any answers and great ideas.
2 REPLIES 2
jaswrx
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 24, 2011

Re: Questions for you guys

Bose DOES NOT operate on lower voltage. I learned the hard way.

I played at a venue two years ago, and the L1s literally kept on powering on and off, and at one point, it would not come back on.

I had to use my backup system.
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Questions for you guys

Hi Nextgen1,

It sounds like you could have been hitting the low voltage threshold (around 97 volts) where the system will reset.
quote:
Power Conditions
As a general note, we want to remind you that all electrical equipment must deal with poor power conditions and power outages. Hardware and software designs can be sophisticated in this regard and we put enormous effort in this area.

At a certain point, if the voltage drops too low from the wall circuit, or there is a power outage, contemporary digital electronics including ours will start a reset sequence. Assuming the AC power recovers, the reset sequence with digital electronics usually takes a few seconds. If that few seconds is longer than the power outage, it can be a frustrating wait.

See: Power Conditions for more details .

As for only one of the systems experiencing this - if one drops out, that could leave enough power available for the second one to keep going.

See the link.
Power Conditions