weeksville
Registered since

Jun 8, 2007

R1 Remote not working

I have posted this problem before. My R1 remote module just randomly stops responding in the middle of my gigs and I have to adjust levels at the base if any are necessary after the R1 stops working. The thirty seconds off to reset doesn't fix it. A random amount of time off and it miraculously starts working again for an indeterminate amount of time. I have been struggling with it for about a year now. I am finally fed up and have ordered both a new remote and cable. What is the likelihood that the problem is with the power base module and not the controller or cable? Has anyone ever had to return their base power monitor for repair to fix this problem?
2 REPLIES 2
eichorn
Registered since

Dec 7, 2006

Re: R1 Remote not working

I'm not sure if this is related, but during our last gig I think I plugged in the R1 after powering on the L1. There didn't seem to be any response from the R1, or at least I know it wasn't "right". Luckily I realized what I had done and unplugged the R1, powered down the L1, plugged in the R1 and powered back up. R1 worked fine the rest of the night.

Your problem sounds like a bad cable to me. You could test with a common midi cable before you spring for a new R1.

I still need to pick up a couple long cables to have on hand and for backup. I think Hosa makes a 50', but I'd be happy with just one 30'er.

Gregg
xytiz
Registered since

Oct 19, 2019

Re: R1 Remote not working

Thanks a lot .. the original bose remote cable was faulty or over time got bad, because it used to work fine... After reading the forums i thought i will first try swapping the cables (20$ on amazon ) and it came back to life .. i was contemplating on ordering the new remote and spent $$$ without reason .. looks like the 7 pin cable is not very reliable ..