johnhpower
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 3, 2019

Recommendation for my daughter's entertainment company

My daughter needs a decent portable PA system.  Her company provides entertainment for private

parties and events.  She has one coming up where she will be teaching several line dances along with a narrator.  She does not need instrument capability, just the ability to play music via blue tooth and connect a Shure SM 58. 

We are not talking about big venues here.  Many times just a large room in a house.  I have an L1 Compact she can use in a pinch but that a bit of overkill for her purposes. Maybe something in the 500-800 range.  She sees this as an investment so nothing cheap.

Again. portability and blue tooth is important.

Thanks for any recommendations.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chriscom
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 30, 2018

Re: Recommendation for my daughter's entertainment company

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Dylan_R

If the L1 Compact is overkill, the only step down in this line is the S1 Pro. It checks your other boxes: Bluetooth, mic input (two combo inputs for instruments and mics actually) and portability. Its battery power makes for crazy quick setup too. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Chriscom
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 30, 2018

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Dylan_R

If the L1 Compact is overkill, the only step down in this line is the S1 Pro. It checks your other boxes: Bluetooth, mic input (two combo inputs for instruments and mics actually) and portability. Its battery power makes for crazy quick setup too. 

View solution in original post

johnhpower
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 3, 2019

Thanks.  Looks like that might work.

TommyD33710
Advocate
Registered since

May 18, 2017

First time ever I've seen the Compact referred to as "overkill" LOL

wweiss
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 10, 2016

Bose S1 pro is perfect!  Bluetooth and battery operated. A second S1 Pro can be linked by app for larger events.

Next step up would be the new Pro8, double the power of your compact but no battery.