Highlighted
Registered since

Apr 10, 2018

Recording with Zoom H4n

Trying to find the best way hook up the T1 and Zoom H4n for recording.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: Recording with Zoom H4n

I'm getting ready to try this from the S1Pro to the Zoom H4N. I will let you know how it turns out.

Highlighted
Registered since

Apr 10, 2018

Do you know what the best option is for hooking the two together?

Highlighted
Registered since

Sep 27, 2011

I play in a duo (two vocals, two acoustic guitars) and we run a single line out from the master output, pre-master volume) to a Zoom recorder. I use a 1/4" out to a direct box, and an xlr to 1/8" stereo into the Zoom. We record our live shows. Bear in mind the attached recording was meant for that purpose. If I planned on doing anything else I would probably tweak it a bit. 

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Thundercranium,

Thanks for sharing your recording. I enjoyed your music.

ST

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 22, 2014

This is actually an interesting topic for me.  I am using a Zoom Q4n for video and the audio is always quite excellent in volume, tone, and fullness.  However, regardless of X-Y positioning, the ambient noise is sometimes a little too much....and sometimes a LOT too much.  Crowd noise further back can ruin an otherwise good video.   On the other hand, line out to direct line in removes all ambient sound and doesn't have a realistic but full an accurate quality result.  Therefore I have just ordered a Zoom H5 field recorder which I will record from the line/out into...... in addition to the audio from the Q4n.  I can then sync them and edit with my DAW and editing software.  Post production can solve a lot of issues for me once I become more skilled at it and help me blend the best of both of those situations.   Any tips/tricks/suggestions/ or experiences are certainly welcome from anyone.