cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theleo
Registered since

Sep 8, 2007

Refurb went to red fault

Got my model II back from an overhaulless than 10 gigs ago and to night it fails again. sThis time I got a blue/red in about one second increments with a loud popping that could not be controlled by volume.
I un-plugged it for about 10 minutes while I worked on a game plan. (I was doing a company function)I re-plugged it and it purred like a Bose for the rest of the night.

ST, I did a search for red fault condition and ran across a reply from you about a similar situation and you mentioned a possible B1 cable problem.Funny, but last night I had both cables on the bench and did a routine cleaning and screw tightning..any connection there (no pun)

For the record, I had un-plugged one B1 because the room was kinda boomy.

Leo

The hard part is I have road gigs coming up this weekend.
5 REPLIES 5
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Refurb went to red fault

Hi Leo,

Answering on my phone so I'll have to be brief.

Can you check the continuity of the B1 cables?

If they test okay, please call L1 Support.

I don't have the number handy, but you can find on the main forum page HTTP://bose.infopop.cc
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Here you go.

1-877-335-2673
theleo
Registered since

Sep 8, 2007

Can do ST and mister, many thanks..

leo
theleo
Registered since

Sep 8, 2007

Well, I took a leap of Bose faith and did the next day gig using a known good B1 cable and all went well and I hate to say it, but I'll have this lingering doubt... but just to be safe I'll re-do my B1 cables.

ST, thanks kindly for the quick response, you're the best.

leo
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Leo,

When you get your test gear out, check the B1 cables for a short across pins 1+ and 1-.

I hope you find something because that would explain what you experienced and it would be an easy thing to understand and fix.

If you don't find anything weird with the cables, definitely call L1® Support. There should be warranty on the work they did on the "overhaul".

The "loud popping that could not be controlled by volume" concerns me. If the problem was a faulty B1 cable I would expect the system to mute and come back and mute and come back, but I wouldn't expect to have loud popping.