cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aitch1
Registered since

Dec 18, 2006

Remote Fx Mute?

Hello once again Guy's. Hope you all had a great Christmas and those of you that use your voices like me haven't overdone things!
I took the opportunity this festive season to purchase the T1. Don't get me wrong, I would have anyway but there didn't seem to be any rush as I'm happy with my current setup. Just to remind you, I'm a solo act running 1 mic and x2 mini disc through a single l1 model1 and 2 B1's (phew)
The facility I'd like to carry across from my old mixer is the pedal based fx mute as my fingers are already busy with changing disc's and selecting tracks. Can this be done with the T1? I've looked but not seen anything obvious
5 REPLIES 5
StuartD
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 23, 2005

Re: Remote Fx Mute?

Hi:

I don't believe it's possible to directly effect the Mute switch on a channel by use of a footswitch.

However, you could do this:
Plug in to an A-B switch (I use a Boss unit) and use the A-B switch to switch between Channel 1 (which has the effects in play) and Channel 2 (which is set up as a copy of Channel 1, but without the effects). This is what I do if I want to switch effects in and out during a song, etc.

Would this work for you?

Stu
mikez-at-bose
Registered since

Mar 2, 2006

Stu is correct - no remote FX mute on the T1.

I really like the suggestion with the A/B switch!

Mike
aitch1
Registered since

Dec 18, 2006

Thanks for the quick reply Stu, I have a boss pedal but I think it's just the latching one. I'm not sure if I can use it as an A-B switch. will look into it. Which model pedal do you use and how is it configured in your set up? (if you don't mind me asking) Smile
StuartD
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 23, 2005

Hi:
quote:
"...Which model pedal do you use and how is it configured in your set up?"

I use this one: Boss A/B Pedal

It can be used in two ways:
1. You can provide two signals in...to one common output (if you have two guitars going to one amp, for example).
2. You can provide one signal in...to two separate outputs (if you have one guitar, going to two guitar amps, for example).

To use it to cancel effects on your T1 you would set it up (like number 2) so that your instrument signal (microphone, guitar, whatever) is inserted into the In/Out jack at the front of the pedal, and connect the two A & B jacks to the two channels on your T1 that you want to use (Ch1 & Ch2, for example). The pedal uses the standard cables with 1/4" male jacks, etc. Inserting a cable into the In/Out jack connects the battery circuit.

The two LEDs on the pedal indicate which channel (A or B) is active (one AAA battery is required to perform the noisless switching and to power the LEDs). Pressing on the pedal simply toggles between the two channels, with the LEDs toggling to indicate to you which output on the pedal is active at any given time.

So, for example, set up your T1, Ch1 as you want it with effects, then set up your T1, Ch2 exactly as you did for Ch1, but don't engage any effects. When you step on the A/B pedal, toggling between the two pedal outputs, you'll switch between Ch1 and Ch2 on your T1 each time you press the pedal, and if you've set the two T1 channels up correctly the only difference you'll hear is the presence or absence of the effects you are using on on your T1 as you stomp on the pedal.

Or you could set up Ch1 with one type of effect, and set up Ch2 with another type...and switch between them using the pedal, etc.

Good luck,

Stu
aitch1
Registered since

Dec 18, 2006

Thanks Stu, With my poor Festive frazzled brain, I had to re read your answer quite a few times before I got the gist of it. looks like I'm going to add another pedal to the already bursting gig box.

Happy New Year!

Harry