ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: S1 Orientation and Dispersion

Hi Paul,

Paul Rumbol posted:

Thanks for the reply ST.

What about the volumes, are they affected on the line out.

I'm guessing not as there's no master volume.

The line out on my DB is affected by the master volume.

What I'm getting at is if volumes are reduced on the S1 itself & the line out is going to a house PA (as is often required in bars, restaurants & clubs) will the line out level be unaffected?

The S1 Pro Line Out is the combined output of all three channels (with volume controls, ToneMatch Presets, tone controls, and reverb).

The volume controls affect the mix and level of the signal going to the Line Out.

All good?

ST

Paul_Rumbol
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 19, 2015

Yes, thanks ST.

Going back to the orientation.

My S1 Pro arrived today & I've been experimenting all day. I'm not disappointed. The level of bass even with the reduction the auto eq gives is impressive, I'm not sure I need quite as much bass as the pole mount (flat) gives.

As I mentioned in the OP, one of my uses for this unit is mounted on a trolley that already has a tilted angle. But this angle is not quite as much as the tilt back position the S1 gives on a flat surface. I'm not sure if the accelerometer is kicking in for the tilted back position or if I'm getting the table top eq?

From the level of bass I suspect the latter but it's difficult to make a direct comparison between tilt back form S1 & tilt back from the trolley angle.

This is a use that won't affect many S1 users I guess but my set up is designed to be as portable as possible & allows me to get to performances using public transport. I have the boom part of a mic stand mounted directly onto the trolley too to save weight & leave my hands free. I'll post a pic soon.

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Paul,

The Auto EQ is meant to make it easy to transition between the four anticipated use cases (tilt-back, monitor, table top, speaker stand) without having to adjust the tone controls.  When you've got the S1 Pro on the trolly, just use the tone controls to get the sound you want. There's no need to think about the AUTO EQ or what it's doing.  We always do the final fine-tuning by ear.

How about a picture of the trolly when you get everything set up?

Thanks,

ST

oldmachead
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 29, 2010

@Paul Rumbol I'm also curious to see what the trolley looks like!