GaryKelley
Registered since

May 11, 2020

S1 Pro, Can you control the audio level via the app when using Bluetooth?

I ordered mine today.  Thank you for your information on the update.  I am curious how it works with the app?  Can you control the audio level via the app when using Bluetooth? I can’t wait to hear it in my studio.  Thank you everyone.  
Gary

4 REPLIES 4
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: S1 Pro, Can you control the audio level via the app when using Bluetooth?

Hi, Gary.

Thank you for joining the Bose Portable PA Community.  Welcome.

@GaryKelley posted:

I ordered mine today. 

Congratulations!

Thank you for your information on the update.

Please see S1 Pro Firmware Update

I am curious how it works with the app?  Can you control the audio level via the app when using Bluetooth? 

Yes - you can control the volume of the Bluetooth audio (but not the volume anything physically connected to the S1 Pro.)

I can’t wait to hear it in my studio.  Thank you everyone.  
Gary

Please see this article. S1 Pro with the Bose Connect App

ST

ChrisMorgan
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Welcome Gary and congratulations on your purchase - you're gonna love your Bose S1 Pro!

To answer your question: yes, you can control the volume on the S1 Pro from your phone when connected with Bluetooth. So when you are having a party your sound system is the S1 Pro and whatever music you have on your phone or whatever you stream. Works brilliantly and you are in control. Hope you enjoy the fantastic sound and versatility of your S1 Pro as much as I am enjoying mine. Without a doubt it is one of my most prized possessions and one of the best purchases I've ever made!

Enjoy!

Richard3
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 2, 2019

The app really is useful when you have two S1 Pro's because the sound can be stereo.

GaryKelley
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Thank you Chris and Richard!  I felt like it was a stupid question.  Just excited to see how the app controls the speaker.  

I appreciate both of you taking the time to respond.  I'm using mine in a different way as I'm building an internet radio station and needed great audio with Dual XLR In and Bluetooth as the sources will be different.  And now I can take down the 16-year-old Bose outdoor speakers when I'm in the backyard.  They did survive 16 seasons, far longer than the 5 projected when I originally purchased.

Love that Bose quality.

Thanks again.  May we all get through this horrible time quickly.

Gary Kelley

San Diego, CA.