Re: S1 Pro Firmware Update 7.1.5 January 2020
Try this (I just did)
- Make sure that every device that may be connected to the S1 Pro devices has Bluetooth turned off
- Everything that I can think of is turned off.
- On your tablet or phone (Settings), forget the S1 Pro devices
- Went into my phone and "forgot" the S1 Pros
- Delete the Bose Connect app
- Removed the Bose Connect App from my phone
- On your tablet or phone (Settings) Pair the S1 Pro devices to your tablet or phone
- The first one I tried was Bose S1 Pro/LE-Bose S1 Pro. I was able to connect to the device Bose S1 Pro (Headphone symbol). When I tried to connect to the normal BlueTooth symbol named Le-Bose S1 Pro, it said connection rejected by LE-Bose S1 Pro.
- I tried to connect to the second S1 Pro, but couldn't connect to either. The Headphone Symbol one didn't give me an error, it just went onto my paired list, but didn't connect. The "LE-Bose S1 Pro #3" with the BlueTooth symbol gave the the error, Connection rejected by LE-Bose S1 Pro #3.
- On your tablet or phone Install the Bose Connect app
- Installed the Bose Connect App on my phone
- In the Bose Connect app, you should be able to connect to your S1 Pro devices now
- I was unable to connect to eiter device. I got the same messages and 3 strikes you're out as before.
I don't remember seeing the LE-Bose S1 Pro when I've connected prior to this upgrade. I don't understand why each S1 Pro shows up as 2 devices. For example, one device is named Bose S1 Pro. On my phone, in the BlueTooth settings, I see 2 different devices for this 1 S1 pro. One named "Bose S1 Pro" and the other is named "LE-Bose S1 Pro". The "Bose S1 Pro" shows as headphones and the LE version shows the normal BlueTooth symbol.
ST, can you shed any light on why I'm seeing 2 devices per S1 Pro?
NOTE: I'm using the same phone I've always used since I purchased the S1s.
Off topic a bit, and I think this was mentioned in another thread, but Bose should secure the BlueTooth connection a bit so that another user can't connect unintentionally or otherwise. As an example, my phone shows what I believe is my neighbors TV as a bluetooth device. Is it possible that it's pairing with my S1 Pro?