Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

S1 Pro Firmware Update 7.1.5 January 2020

Hi Everybody,

There is a new firmware version: 7.1.5

If you use the Bose Connect app, it will download the firmware update and notify you when it is ready to update your S1 Pro.  It's much faster if you use a computer to connect to the Bose site and do the update with a Bluetooth cable. Please see the link below for details.

S1 Pro System Updates

Release Notes

ST

20 REPLIES 20
Rockerduck
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 2, 2018

Re: S1 Pro Firmware Update 7.1.5 January 2020

I did this last night. I got an Ipad mini for Christmas and was loading the Boss app. I connected, then a minute later it alerted me to update. Done. 

KingBiscuit
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 16, 2015

I just updated both my S1s using the USB port.  

After they updated, I wanted to change the name of the devices to something more discrete than Bose S1 1 and Bose S1 2.    The Bose Connect App (ver. 4.6) will no longer connect to either them. 

I get a message something like "Oh Snap, we couldn't connect" and have the option to try again.  After 3 tries, it gives up.  (I only had one S1 turned on at a time).  The BlueTooth light was flashing.  I tried turning them off and back on and started the whole connect process over...same result.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dan

KingBiscuit
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 16, 2015

Just to see if it helped, I uninstalled the Bose Connect app and reinstalled it.  Same issue.  Has anyone else had a problem connecting BlueTooth to their S1 after putting on this latest firmware?

The app clearly sees the unit as it shows it's name and I have to drag it down to connect.  Additionally, my phone can see the S1 so the Bluetooth is enabled on the S1 and the Phone.  That said, my phone can't pair with the S1 either...but then I'd expect that.

Oldghm
Leader
Registered since

May 25, 2004

I am the last person to give advice on this subject but, I had a problem on the last update and the fix for me was to tell the device (ipad) to forget the S1. Once it was removed from the list I tried to connect and it worked.

O..

oldmachead
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 29, 2010

ST posted:

Hi Everybody,

There is a new firmware version: 7.1.5

Thanks for the heads-up, @ST. I connected my S1 to my iMac and it's all done!

KingBiscuit
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 16, 2015

Thanks for the info.

I went back and tried again.  I forgot the S1 Pro then tried to re-pair.

• I have only 1 of my S1 Pros (Bose S1 Pro) turned on
  • With the BlueTooth light flashing white, my phone now sees 2 Bose S1 devices
    • The first has the  normal BlueTooth symbol and is named "LE-Bose S1 Pro".  When I try to pair with it, I get the message "Pairing rejected by LE-Bose S1 Pro."
    • The second instance has a "headphone" symbol and just has the name "Bose S1 Pro".  I am able to connect with the "headphone" device in my phone BlueTooth Settings, but the Bose Connect App will not connect.  I get the "Aw Snap" message and 3 strikes you're out.
    • While connected in just my phone settings, I can play audio through the S1 Pro, but again, the Bose Connect App will not connect to the device.
  • I tried the other S1 Pro (Bose S1 Pro #3) and I have the same exact experience except the names of the device in the messages now reflect "Bose S1 Pro #3).

Any other assistance is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

Oldghm
Leader
Registered since

May 25, 2004

Ask the device to forget all the listed S1 devices. Then reconnect.

O..

KingBiscuit
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 16, 2015

Oldghm posted:

Ask the device to forget all the listed S1 devices. Then reconnect.

O..

Thanks but I've already tried it.  Didn't make a difference.

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Dan,

Try this (I just did)

• Make sure that every device that may be connected to the S1 Pro devices has Bluetooth turned off
  • On your tablet or phone (Settings), forget the S1 Pro devices
  • Delete the Bose Connect app
  • On your tablet or phone (Settings) Pair the S1 Pro devices to your tablet or phone
  • On your tablet or phone (Settings) Connect the S1 Pro devices to your tablet or phone
  • On your tablet or phone Install the Bose Connect app
  • In the Bose Connect app, you should be able to connect to your S1 Pro devices now

ST