Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 29, 2010

S1 Pro - availability

I ordered my S1 Pro at my favourite music store (Long & McQuade) in the Toronto area on May 25th. Today I discovered that the expected delivery date is June 11th.

That was disappointing. I didn't expect such a long wait.

Anyone else have that experience - Canada and the US?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 8, 2018

Re: S1 Pro - availability

Personally, no ??. I ordered from Sweetwater in early Feb and April (US) and they shipped immediately. The batteries on the other hand did not. Those were back ordered both times as if everyone was ordering two batteries per S1 ????.

Highlighted
Registered since

Apr 13, 2018

A lot of stores locally already have them in stock, but they're selling fast. When I setup even at my solo gigs, I typically have two extra microphones, two extra inputs and another input along with a U-Bass plugged into it. Other artists join me on my sets to test out the Bose S1 Pro and are so amazed by it's performance on battery, that they buy their own and tell me about it. I've sold at least a dozen Bose S1 Pro's and several battery powered Behringer 1002B mixers just by fellow musicians astounded by my system. I do not work at any music store.

BoseS1ProBehringerXenix1002BStageSetup

BoseS1EntireStageSetup

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 29, 2010

Since I can't wait to get my S1 (ETA June 11th), I rented one to play with. Last evening I took it to a friends party to have some fun.

I set the mic volume (Beta 58A) at 12 o'clock (loved the little click into position) with a small amount of reverb and little to none bass/treb.

Set the guitar volume (Takamine 12 string) at 9 o'clock, zero reverb bass/treb around 9 o'clock. (I don't use a pick - I strum and pick my guitar with my fingertips.)

LOVED IT! Smooth, clear sounds in a medium sized sitting room with around 18 people there. A pro-musician in the room was very impressed.

Today I tried it with the same settings but a different mic - SM58. It's still clear with just the right amount of punch.

Now I just can't wait to get my own!

The only thing that I found mildly annoying was the power switch ... the rocker is tiny and I'd have liked it a bit larger. So I don't have to look at the unit to see if it's on -- I'd prefer that my fingertip tell me quickly which position the switch is on. But that's just me ... the older I get the more cranky I get!!

Overall I'm loving the sound of the S1 - and the weight. It's so easy to carry around. (My Bose journey began with the L1 Classic - got tendonitis from lifting that around!!)

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 29, 2010

Update: Today was the ETA for my S1. Sadly I won't get it today. Apparently there is a HUGE backlog of orders at Bose and it'll take another 10 days or more to get my S1. Sooo disappointing.

Luckily someone (name rhymes with Paul) at Long & McQuade is trying to locate an S1 for me from another location in Canada. There's a sliver of hope that I'll get mine by next weekend.

Highlighted
Registered since

Apr 13, 2018

You can blame me for that. Everywhere I perform, I let other musicians plug in and sing through mine. At least one musician from every gig tells me they're buying one within the week. I bet this is the new Bose best seller in Pro audio.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 29, 2010

OK, so I got my S1 ... woohoo!!

When I fire up Bose Connect  v6.1.1 on my iPhone (same thing on my iPod Touch) - nothing happens. Not sure what should be happening, but pretty sure that it's not happening. Screenshot attached to show what I see.

I can connect to the S1 with Bluetooth ... so I know that BT is working. I just can't get the Bose Connect app to do anything.

What am I missing?

Bose Connect screenshotMy S1 Pro

Highlighted
Registered since

May 30, 2018

You need to upgrade the firmware in the S1 Pro first, then it will Bose Connect

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Troubador,

As Tim-MK said, you need to update the firmware in your S1 Pro. You'll need a micro USB cable.

Related image

Go to the Bose Device Updater and follow the instructions there.

ST

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 29, 2010

Thanks, @Tim-MK and @ST ... that did the trick!! Took a bit of figuring out to get it going, but once I got it going, it was a smooth upgrade.

Appreciate the help.

Cheers,

Troubador