Registered since

May 1, 2020

Re: S1 Pro battery draining when not in use

Absolutely!

Highlighted
Registered since

May 10, 2012

Same problems here with both of my S1. I hope Real Piney gets a good answer from Bose.

Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi PZ,

PZ posted:

Same problems here with both of my S1. I hope Real Piney gets a good answer from Bose.

Please contact Bose Support in Austria.

Austria +43 160 404 34 52technical_support_at@bose.comMon - Fri: 09:00 - 18:00 CET 
Sat: 09:00 - 18:00 CET

Thanks.

ST

Highlighted
Registered since

May 10, 2012

Thank you, ST!

i will call them after holidays. Do you think I should leave the speakers plugged in to prevent the batteries from running empty?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 1, 2020

Update: I called Tech support on Monday.  They have requested I return the unit to them for replacement, which I will do today.  We will have to wait a bit to see if that resolves the issue.  Hopefully it will!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 16, 2015

Well, it appears that I too have been afflicted with the dreaded battery drain issue.  I bought my S1 about a month ago, charged it and it's been plugged in until a couple of weeks ago.  I've only used it a couple of times here in the house, testing set up, etc.

We went to visit family over the Christmas holiday and I took the S1 with me, but never got the chance to use it.  Today, after 2 weeks of being unplugged and turned off, I wanted to make test it to make sure the battery hadn't discharged.  Unfortunately, it is completely discharged and will not even turn on.  Bummer!  I'll call Bose Support today and see what they say.

I hope the figure this out soon.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 16, 2015

Quick update.  I spoke with Bose Technical Support.  They are sending me a replacement unit.  The process was pretty easy and straight forward.  I got a shipping label and will return the  old unit once I receive the new one.

When the support rep asked if I had other questions, I asked if Bose had found out what the problem was and wanted to make sure I didn't get another defective unit.  She said that the issue was tracked down to a capacitor issue which has been resolved in the new units.

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Everybody,

We'll have more information about how to determine if you have one of the affected units by early next week.

If you have a problem now, (with the battery discharging when the system is off for several days) please call Bose Support.  

Stay tuned, we'll have more information next week.

Thanks!

ST

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

I wonder when they figured it out because both of my current units are still draining the battery when not in use and one of the was replaced in early December. So far, I've had five of these units and they all have drained the batteries. (I bought two last spring. Bose replaced the first two when I noticed my issues. Then, in December, they replaced one of those when it started draining from 100% to dead in four days.)

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Michael,

I'm sorry you've had this poor experience with S1 Pro systems.  

This is all late-breaking news and we'll have more details for you early next week.

Thanks for your patience.

ST